Talk

Advanced search

What can your 2.8yr old do?

(10 Posts)
mandymoo Fri 22-Jul-05 21:51:18

DD is 2.8 and just wondering what she should be doing?????

kid Fri 22-Jul-05 21:53:04

Do you have any concerns about your DD?
There is so much a child can do at that age it would be quite difficult to list.

mandymoo Fri 22-Jul-05 21:54:32

no concerns as such - although she is not particularly sociable (i would say "shy" but i really hate that word). Shes talking quite a bit but when in groups tends to clam up/takes a back seat

Fran1 Fri 22-Jul-05 21:55:38

My dd is 2.6

She can dress and undress herself.
She did one button up the other day first time ever!
She speaks alllll daaayyy loooong and asks what every one and everything is doing.
She can spell her name out from memory, and can "pretend" to read. e.g runs her fingers along the words and talks jibberish!
she can draw a circle and add facial features when i name each one.

is that the sort of thing you meant?

Fran1 Fri 22-Jul-05 21:56:29

oh thats normal.

Dd often goes quiet. And then when she does get confidence she will go all silly and screech and talk jibberish.

mandymoo Fri 22-Jul-05 21:57:16

Fran01 - yeah thats the sort of thing i meant. Although DD doesnt really do any of what you mentioned

Fran1 Fri 22-Jul-05 22:01:26

Don't blush about it!!

Every child is different, theres probably loads of things yours can do that mine can't.

Like my dd has only recently mastered riding a trike, whereas others we know have dones so for ages.

Tell us some things your dd can do. I bet there'll be things others can't yet do.

Its dangerous to compare there are stages not ages when children are so young. They have sudden bursts of development and then all slows down for a while.

kid Fri 22-Jul-05 22:04:50

My DS is 3.3, he doesn't know how to spell his name but can recognise some letters in his name. He also knows it has 2 l's in it.

He can count to about 10, dresses himself although he often puts his pants on back to front!

He runs, climbs, digs , shouts, screams, talks to anybody and everybody.

mandymoo Sat 23-Jul-05 14:28:36

DD can:

count to approx 20

has an excellent skill for remembering all sorts of things

Pull down skirt/trousers and pull off socks

Pedal a trike (downhill!! )

Runs

Climbs

ER.......... i know there are more but i just can't think of them at the mo!!!

I know i shouldn't compare but its also nice to know what other children her age are doing.

Thanks for all your replies X

Fran1 Sat 23-Jul-05 14:46:27

Well there you go !!

Notice the things i listed were all fine motor skills and yours were physical.

I think this is often the case, children either develop quickly in large or fine motor skills - not always coming togeter at the same time.
I don't think this necessarily means they will remain "better" in that area of development, but we all have to learn things one at a time don't we!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: