Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

could a piece of chocolate really do this?

(12 Posts)
hermykne Fri 22-Jul-05 21:46:05

she got a small inch sized piece of a biscuit bar covered in chioc, tonight, and she is an absolute nightmare, will not go to bed, shouting no to everything, nearly hysterical at one point, i am shocked, as bed is 8pm and its usually no problem, she did initially go up at 8.20 and this started not 3mins later.
she is now out of her cot and in her room, told her she woke the baby and i left her
shes 2+10mths.

arrgghhhhh
chocolate is now banned

sansouci Fri 22-Jul-05 21:49:45

haven't a clue, TBH! but hope someone does... shame to deprive anyone of chocolate!

hermykne Fri 22-Jul-05 22:00:36

she doesnt get it that often
is there some hyper thing in it..
going to google it

fqueenzebra Fri 22-Jul-05 22:02:10

mmmmm... some people have strong caffeine sensitivity.
I'd be a scientist & try it again under controlled circumstances.

wheresmyfroggy Fri 22-Jul-05 22:06:22

Yep it has exactly that effect on dd1..........always ends up crying hysterically and being...... well to put it honestly vile.

stacijc Fri 22-Jul-05 22:06:35

additives in it maybe?

wheresmyfroggy Fri 22-Jul-05 22:08:27

Worst thing ever was when someone gave her hersheys chocolate.

WigWamBam Fri 22-Jul-05 22:09:34

My nephew used to climb the walls and rip his bedroom apart if he had just the smallest mouthful of chocolate. He had hospital tests and elimination diets, and it turned out that it was the milk in the chocolate that he was reacting to. My sister switched him to soya milk and banned chocolate, but he craved it (not uncommon in children with intolerances) so she had to ban it from the house completely - he would get out of bed and climb up to the highest cupboards or break locks to get at the chocolate.

He outgrew it, but not until he was about 14.

hermykne Fri 22-Jul-05 22:15:01

wheresmyfroggy
vile is a good word to describe her tonight, went back in and shes lying on the floor with her bear and bottle (empty)
asked her did she want to get in her cot "NO"
ok then would u like to lie on the bed
made it up and she climber into it,
walked out

hermykne Fri 22-Jul-05 22:16:04

WWB
i think its a reaction, she gets a rash from cows milk and is on goats milk, it was dark chocolate those caramel bars cant rem name, banned now, must chekc the ingredients

chicagomum Fri 22-Jul-05 22:42:14

we were on holiday when dd was 18 months old and my mother had been feeding her choc all day as a result by evening she was crazy literarly ran around the garden until 11pm then fell asleep for 14hours. now she has it in moderation and is ok (had a bit of a situation with m&m's last week though)

spidermama Fri 22-Jul-05 22:45:34

My ds2 (5) is like this with sugary things or food with 'madditives'. Complete character change. You have my sympathies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now