Talk

Advanced search

how do I stop her touching herself???

(5 Posts)
kezabel Fri 15-Jul-05 11:07:13

Hi everyone, I really hope you can help me out here. I look after a 3 yr old girl 3 days a week and recently she has become facinated with her private parts. I know that most children go through this stage but she is constantly touching herself there and has even started to do it at meal times which i find to be rather unhygienic. Does anyone have any advice on how to approach this matter??

MamaMaiasaura Fri 15-Jul-05 11:14:49

They all go do it.. ds still has a fiddle down there and dont think it stops for males.. eva!

Re your situation.. could it be that she is uncomfortable down there - maybe an infection? Would be worth speaking with her mum as she may need ot get checked by nurse.

emily05 Fri 15-Jul-05 11:15:48

agree with awen. My ds is constantly fiddling with himself - I am hoping that the novilty will wear off!

Mum2Ela Fri 15-Jul-05 11:21:25

DD is constantly fiddling ,and her nursery has pointed it out to me but said lots of the other girls do it too.

When in public I ask her to stop but tbh I think its just a phase and DD gets comfort from it (she sleeps with one hand down her nappy - not hygenic at all but there you go).

DHsays she gets her habit from me ;)

(she will be 3 in sept btw)

Enid Fri 15-Jul-05 11:39:16

I think it is normal

wash her hands before and after meals and its unlikely she'll come to any harm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: