Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Separation anxiety at 5 months?!

(4 Posts)
3cherubs Thu 07-Jul-05 16:36:26

My third child is only 5 months old, but already cries as soon as I put her down or leave the room. It is becoming difficult to do things like the school run, prepare meals etc as she constantly wants picking up! As soon as I pick her up she is fine, but I don't want her permanently stuck to my hip, plus if she is like that now, what will she do in a few months time when seperation anxiety really kicks in!!

I tried the bouncy chair, highchair, on the floor on the sheepskin rung, all sorts of toys as distraction and a playnest for her to sit up in. Anyone got any other ideas???

Mosschops30 Thu 07-Jul-05 16:44:09

Message withdrawn

Mosschops30 Thu 07-Jul-05 16:44:23

Message withdrawn

Lizita Mon 11-Jul-05 23:18:39

My dd was clingy like that for months & months. Not too long after she started crawling it began to get better because she was more mobile & discovered a bit of independence for herself. I remember the momentous occasion that she first crawled out of the living room without me - she looked back like "where am i going??" I am a single mum (though i have a boyfriend) and she is my only child so I was able to give her my all and pander to it and I believe that doing that has led to her being the very secure, independent 23 month old she is now. I went very gently with her, still do, making sure she is well prepared for new situations, new people, babysitting arrangements etc etc. Rest assured that your dd will probably be more secure later on - my friend's baby was the opposite, as my dd was getting less clingy, her usually v independent baby was becoming more clingy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now