Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ds running funny still....half his body he holds stiff and ....

(4 Posts)
haven Mon 04-Jul-05 00:33:01

ds has always had a problem with balance. ped. always says to not worry. question.. ds runs with his right arm backwards and stiff. (stick your arm to the side shoulder height and bring it back like to stretch) the other arm swings i guess the way it is suppose to. when he does swing the other he looses his balance and falls.

he is 2 years old as of june 16th. he has been walking since one, so lack of time isn't it. do your children do this. ds has always had odd ways, some turned up nothing, others required intervention. don't know about this one.

LIZS Mon 04-Jul-05 07:02:26

ds also runs stiffly and with an awkward posture. Once he'd learnt to walk (didn't stand alone until after he was able to walk) he never actually went at walking pace , iyswim, always at a trot. He has been identified as havung motor skill issues, both gross and fine, but I'm not sure it was that clearcut at 2. He was nearer 6 when potential problems were flagged up and Ocupational Therapy has helped on many fronts.

haven Mon 04-Jul-05 15:30:42

thank you. just wondering. i have always been a lil eary in this department. as he still has trouble going up and down slides, but he is only two. but he falls alot with this.

Verytiredmum Tue 05-Jul-05 14:58:47

Our neighbour's grandson ran in exactly the way that you described until very recently. He is now seven and I noticed recently that he was much more balanced and relaxed when running. He has started football training this year and seems really good at that now.

VTM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now