Talk

Advanced search

If you've split from your dp, did your children's behaviour change?

(6 Posts)
outofmydeppth Thu 30-Jun-05 14:54:10

I am thinking of leaving my dp after 16 years together. I am so scared about how it will affect ds (7) and dd (5). I am torn as to what to do . If you've been through this, how were your kids affected and did their behaviour change in any way?

rickman Sun 03-Jul-05 10:11:35

Message withdrawn

Caligula Sun 03-Jul-05 10:23:37

Difficult one, oomd, because it depends what the other dynamics of the relationship are and what your dp contributes to your children's behaviour.

When I split with my xp, my ds was just 2. Within a couple of months, he had become a much happier, more confident child. But that's because his father was obviously not contributing very much to making him happy or confident. That may not be the same in your case.

rickman Sun 03-Jul-05 10:25:53

Message withdrawn

Caligula Sun 03-Jul-05 15:05:31

rickman that's the irony of splitting up sometimes! It's amazing that it takes a split to get some men to spend more time with their children...

fostermum Sun 03-Jul-05 15:19:28

my kids where 11,7 and 4 when i split from kids dad, they said they never knew life could be so good as when he wasnt there as he was very over bearing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now