Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

worried about 10 month old,very tense and stiff!

(8 Posts)
mum2oliver Wed 29-Jun-05 21:10:10

Im childminding a 10 month old boy.He doesnt crawl,gets very upset when I put him on his front and when I change his nappy he is extremely stiff and all tense.
I dont have vast experience with children so have not come across this before.He does not seem to respond to much,he smiles now and again.This may sound awful and I dont mean it horrible but it seems like he's not all there!
He just doesnt look very with it.He seems much less developed than my friends 7 month old.I understand that all children develop at different times and I should not compare but it is only to get an idea of what stage "most" children are at at his age.What do you think anyone?

RTKangaMummy Wed 29-Jun-05 21:24:09

What are the parents thinking?

Is he their only child?

I had a mindee whose parents DID NOT want her to move ie just wanted her to sit
They ONLY fed her CARROTs pureed lunch and tea and she was far too old for puree with baby rice.

RTKangaMummy Wed 29-Jun-05 21:28:02

What do his parents think?

One of my mindees parents DID NOT want her to move just wanted her to sit not crawl or roll or anything

RTKangaMummy Wed 29-Jun-05 21:29:06

oops prob with connection

beansontoast Wed 29-Jun-05 21:34:10

his stiffness and distress at being placed on his front make me think he should be seen by a peadiatrician.

starlover Wed 29-Jun-05 21:36:23

i wouldn't necessarily be worried about not wanting to go on his front.
the little girl i used to care for HATED being on her front. she would just lie spreadeagled and cry with her face in the floor.
she never crawled... she bumshuffled!
she just only liked being upright so she could see everything!

pleaserewind Wed 29-Jun-05 21:37:24

does he feel stiff when you sit him down? like on your knee or whatever?

mum2oliver Thu 30-Jun-05 21:49:15

He NEVER feels relaxed! He always feels stiff and tense,when he reaches out for things he doesnt look relaxed.He is so content just to sit doing hardly anything which is good for me at times.His posture appears tense.Parents havent said anything at all.Iv only had him for a week.They have a 3 year old girl aswell and she seems fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now