loader

Talk

Advanced search

what could yours do by 5 months?

(19 Posts)
juicychops Tue 28-Jun-05 08:49:22

just curious to see how my ds is doing compared to others

compo Tue 28-Jun-05 08:51:13

At 5 months my ds could look around and touch things on his play gym. Don't think he could hold anything much. Didn't roll over til quite late. Lots of smiling.

jessicasmummy Tue 28-Jun-05 08:53:45

pretty much the same as compo - i had a later starter, but there's no stopping her now! An 11 month old trail of destruction!!!

acnebride Tue 28-Jun-05 08:58:41

ds rolled over on his fifth month date exactly. other than that he smiled, grabbed things a bit I think, and slept 7 til 7. Until the day after his fifth month date, when his sleep started going bad and has stayed that way...

suzywong Tue 28-Jun-05 08:59:29

paper-round and karate

Fio2 Tue 28-Jun-05 09:01:56

read the guardian and turn the pages

expatinscotland Tue 28-Jun-05 09:03:28

i don't even remember, tbh.

Lizzylou Tue 28-Jun-05 09:06:40

I know DS (15mths) could sit up unaided at 5mths, but thats all I can remember, DS was always very strong physically and takes after his father exactly in terms of development, he sat up at 5mths too....his speech is slower though, than babies who sat up/crawled/walked later

LunarSea Tue 28-Jun-05 13:29:45

By 5 months ds could:
roll around,
sit up without toppling over (but not sit from lying),
stand supporting his own weight if he had something to hold on to,
make himself bounce in door bouncer,
hold on to easily grabbed objects.

But he always was, and still is, quite strong and early with the physical things - but took longer to start talking (although we can't shut him up now).

I wouldn't worry either way though tbh. A year or so down the line you really can't tell which ones walked or talked first.

mumfor1sttime Tue 28-Jun-05 13:51:21

My ds is 5.5 mths.He rolls over onto tummy, hits at toys on baby gym, reaches and grabs,squeels,laughs,and is generally full of beans!

misdee Tue 28-Jun-05 13:55:49

dd1 couldnt do much except grabt things. dd2 was rolling and grabbinbg by this age and trying to commardo crawl. dd is only 4months but can rollonto hefront andmakes a grab for things.

Kidstrack2 Tue 28-Jun-05 13:57:25

My two are 6 and 2 now. Here goes Ds was too chunky to roll over at this age but Dd did. Both used door bouncers. Both could sit for a few mins before toppling over. Dd could pick most rattles up to play with was very good with her hands but Ds wasn't and couldn't do this. Both would stand holding on to your hands for a few mins.

hotmama1 Tue 28-Jun-05 14:00:21

My dd is nearly 9 months - trying to cast my mind back to 5 months. Think she could roll over - but was never really bothered that much and could grab toys with both hands.

Don't get hung up with what they can and can't do - they'll get there eventually. My dd is the only one among my ante-natal friends who hasn't got any teeth - she will eventually - don't think I have ever heard of anyone not actually growing teeth in their lifetime.

trinityrocks Tue 28-Jun-05 18:43:24

I was wondering this myself actually, just for fun to think ahead to what I could expect, at the mo my 12 wk dd has just rolled onto her side in the last couple of days and is now getting almost quite good at finding her own fingers to suck.

katylou25 Tue 28-Jun-05 19:46:24

my DS is just five months - hes very good at rolling on to his tummy but then gets stuck! Funnily enough at 4 months could roll from tummy to back but now seems to have forgotten how! Loves his door bouncer, and play gym, can twist the shakers on his activity centres, loves songs and cations, and is a very smiley, giggly and active baby. Oh and can sit for a couple of seconds, but if finds something interesting loses it and collapses!

katylou25 Tue 28-Jun-05 19:47:06

ACTIONS!!!!

kama Tue 28-Jun-05 19:52:58

Message withdrawn

angie0201 Tue 28-Jun-05 20:27:22

DD wouldn't roll or sit on her own but was just starting to attempt to roll lots of smiling uncontrollable fits of laughter and very talkative and sociable esp with other babies!

dinkybird Thu 08-Oct-09 11:26:24

HI, my dd is 5 months and my only child, so just browsing to see what she should be doing!!
She has rolled from 15 weeks and is extremely good at grabbing and holding things, even small objects.

The past few weeks she has been trying to crawl!! She pulls with her arms and bends her knees, but just isn't strong enough yet. Therefore, she gets extremely frustrated, cries, screams and kicks her legs. I fear that she is developing a bit of a temper!!

My d just wants to be sociable and is so determined, like her mum!!

She also sticks her tongue out when you stick yours out and reaches out to be picked up!

I am amazed at my lovely child, but would be regardless of what she was doing.

The thing to remember is that we are all unique individuals with our own qualities. The little ones are just developing at their own pace.

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now