Talk

Advanced search

Obsessed with Doors.

(7 Posts)
MistressMary Sat 25-Jun-05 22:23:48

My 19mth old is obsessed with opening and particularly closing doors.
He has always been like it everywhere we go.
If he can't close the door he gets in a bit of a strop. I have noticed he is also getting to be the same with toys. He will close the little doors on the pop up toys if they are open, even if he is not playing wth them at toddlers group.

I really am stumped to why he does it? I'm tidy but that not anal about closing doors etc.We are open plan at home, so maybe it was initialy something new to see a door?
And now it's habit?
Anyone else have this and is it very common or does it mean anything?

colditz Sat 25-Jun-05 22:27:00

My son did this at about the same age, I think it is something to do with continuity, ie will the door fit in this time? and this time? and again? and if i hold it upsidedown? he has grown out of it now

QueenOfQuotes Sat 25-Jun-05 22:28:11

MM - my DS2 is 2 days short of being 19months - and has had this obsession for a while now........ - I recall DS1 had the same - but it wore off on it's own.

dinny Sat 25-Jun-05 22:29:15

ds is like this too, MistressMary - maybe it's a boy thing...?

Nemo1977 Sat 25-Jun-05 22:31:45

My ds is exactly the same and has been for about 4mths if he sees open door gate etc it has to be shut. He is 20mths . He has also become obsessed about his hands being clean and tidying up..not a bad thing but weird as his dad and i are not particularly anal or ritual about tidying iykwim.

MistressMary Sat 25-Jun-05 22:36:24

Phew. Thanks.

KiwiKate Sun 26-Jun-05 11:43:27

My DS (2.2 yo) has been obsessed with doors and drawers for months. If he sees one even a little bit open, he slams it and frowns and says "messy".

Not sure where he gets this tidy obsession from. Long may it last.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now