Talk

Advanced search

Sick of them fighting

(8 Posts)
sparklymieow Thu 23-Jun-05 11:23:32

My ds is 7 and DD1 is 5 and from the time they get up to the time they go to bed they fight and i mean actually fight, they bite, stratch, punch each other, they irrated every each and can' play together, they are contantly trying to beat each other (racing into school, racing to get their clothes on, with 'I'm winning' all the time) then the other get upset and storms off. DD1 has bruises where DS has biten her. I have sat them down and said that they shouldn't fight and they don't see me and DH fighting and biting each other. They also scream and skiek at each other and its getting me down.....

TracyK Thu 23-Jun-05 11:25:02

there must be a little angels prog. bout this??

sparklymieow Thu 23-Jun-05 11:27:14

I have tried all those tricks, nothing works. They both have Cerebral Palsy and DD1 has behaviour issues, but I just want a quiet evening for once

pleaserewind Thu 23-Jun-05 11:50:34

i have been doing a behaviour management class at ds school. My boys drive me to distraction with their constant arguements and fights.
What i have done is used a reward chart BUT it only focuses on the positive. So, if i see them being the slightest bit nice with each other they get a sticker, every few stickers the chart says REWARD on it and i have put things like, extra pocket money, bar of chocolate etc.
if they fight nothing happens with the chart and i don't wait for brilliant behaviour(coz there is none) i just reward for a short spell of not argueing, so they are getting to succeed.
Now, i was very sceptical about this and i have tried the pasta jar thing which didn't work. Apparently thats because it also focuses on negative behaviours i.e you remove pasta when they are bad but i am gobsmacked to say that my little chart that we were given at the course is working wonders!
During a difference of opinion the other day ds1 even said to ds2 'lets just forget about it'!!!!

sparklymieow Thu 23-Jun-05 18:07:27

Thanks PR, I'll give that a go, any other suggestions???

oops Thu 23-Jun-05 18:12:08

Message withdrawn

zebraZ Sat 25-Jun-05 06:02:05

another vote for the SWR book.

amynnixmum Sat 25-Jun-05 09:30:43

I think I might get the SWR book myself

My too fight a lot as well. It drives me insane too and sometimes the only way i can stop it is to seperate them. If this happens during the day one will have to play in the bedroom and the other in the lounge. At night we put dd 6 1/2 in our bedroom until ds 4 1/2 is asleep and then move her across.

It seems to work - they soon get bored without each other and when I let them play together again things tend to be calmer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: