Talk

Advanced search

please read! mucous in stools, for almost 2 months!!

(8 Posts)
haven Wed 22-Jun-05 03:12:53

i have asked this question before. my ds has stinky stinky movements now. they are covered in mucous and inside as well. if you smash it it is almost like paste, but stretchy like gum. and the stinch, it is most horrible.

i called the ped. he said to feed ds yogurt"assuming for the colon" but this hasn't helped. he eats apples, plums, grapes, oranges, and has a decent diet.

does any one else have this problem with a two year old?

LIZS Wed 22-Jun-05 08:33:05

dd (almost 4) gets like this if she eats a lot of fruit or has a cold/catarrh .

alhambra Wed 22-Jun-05 12:52:22

this sounds like an allergic poo.
My dd has several food allergies, and when they come up it smells like toxic waste. Sweet, sickly, disgusting, and covered in mucus.
I would avoid dairy - which produces mucus - and give acidophilous. Is she well otherwise?

alhambra Wed 22-Jun-05 12:52:56

sorry he

haven Wed 22-Jun-05 14:21:20

he hasn't eaten anything unual. fruits may cause mucous, but typically they will be firm because of the fiber.

he doesn't drink a whole lot of milk anymore we have to make him drink it so i don't think it is that. also yogurt baterias brake down normal milk stuff so i don't think it is a dairy allergy.

he only got the sinus drip about 4 days ago, before that he had been dry as a cup outside on a hot summer's day.

ds has had a history of frequent respiratory track infections, and pneumonia 1 x, rsv, yada yada. do you think he could have had the drip for longer and me not notice. BUT, there is a lot of mucous, could this REALLY come from his nose?

Chandra Wed 22-Jun-05 14:26:17

It seems like an allergy or food intolerance. The only thing I can recommend you is to start a diary of foods he eats to help you find what may be causing it.

ruty Wed 22-Jun-05 17:12:46

my ds had thick mucus like you describe from 3 to 6 months. Only got better when we gave him neocate, dairy free formula, and probiotic. I would really try cutting out dairy just to see if it works, you can always reintroduce it later.

haven Thu 23-Jun-05 01:01:46

i thought dairy allergies caused diarria. too much cheese would cause constapation?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now