Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cot to bed - nightmare

(4 Posts)
odo Tue 21-Jun-05 10:48:08

cot to bed - nightmare - was happy in his cot, I decided to change him to a bed, now he won't go to sleep without a fight (first problem)- secondly he then gets up three/ four times a night. Always take him back, but can see no way out of this cycle of behaviour which has been going on for a month - am I alone??!!

odo Tue 21-Jun-05 10:49:00

PS - he is 2.7

starlover Tue 21-Jun-05 10:52:43

first option is to persevere. every time he gets out of bed you put him back in. do not say anything to him. just take him back and put him in his bed.
he WILL eventually learn to stay in it, but it may take time.

or, secondly does he still have a daytime nap? and do you still have the cot?
you could start letting him go in the cot at night, but put him in his bed during the day... just to get him more used to it. once he is sleeping in it ok in the day, then put him in it at nght.

Tessiebear Tue 21-Jun-05 10:53:14

This happened with my DS1 (2.6 at the time).
We put a stair gate at his door (which he would stand and cry at, at first) We did a bit of Controled crying / putting him back in his bed etc. After about a week he would spend half the night in his bed and when he woke he would bring his duvet out of the bed and snuggle up on the floor by the stair gate for the rest of the night!!
Not an ideal solution, but he DID stop waking us up and in time ... he just gradually realised that his bed was more comfortable.
Worth trying - sticker charts / bribes etc (although he might be a bit too young for that)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now