Talk

Advanced search

11 months old going to Nursery,...only stayed with me so far

(4 Posts)
sasa15 Sun 19-Jun-05 22:30:49

and he seems to be looking for me all the time I leave the room....

he seems very attached to me,,,,

he will start soon....nursery for half day...

what's going to happen...and what can I do to make him....not feeling to sad...?

what did you experience...a lot of crying.,..or what.,,,,

he probably will go with his dad first few days,,,as I work,,,

jessicasmummy Sun 19-Jun-05 22:32:46

i put jess in nursery at 9.5 months and was exaclty the same - luckily she was fine. We have only had one week where she cried when we left.

the nursery staff will expect it and he will be well looked after - we have just started jess on one whole day a week now because she enjoys it so much!

sasa15 Sun 19-Jun-05 22:37:21

thank you Jessicasmummy....

nice to hear that...

x

bamboo Sun 19-Jun-05 22:47:34

I went back to work when DD was 10m old - hadn't really left her with anyone apart from my mum until then. Sounds so familiar - lots of tears ... and that was just me! It does get better, though it was quite a few weeks before we were able to leave her without her bawling. I was lucky because dh dropped her off and I got to pick her up - all smiles then. Generally, as soon as he was out of sight she would be OK - nursery were really good - I think she was quite high maintenance to start with - virtually one-to-one. She's 3 now and loves it. If you have any qualms after leaving him ring the nursery to check on him - I'm sure he won't be upset all day though obviously it will be a shock for him at first. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: