Talk

Advanced search

DS terrified of duvet

(4 Posts)
IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Fri 13-Nov-09 09:04:03

He's been in a Grobag since he was tiny, but he's almost two now, and I don't want to buy enormous 18mo + grobags and want to get him settled with a duvet.

I've been settling him for his nap with a duvet for about a week and he's been fine, last night tried him for night time and he screamed the house down. Put him in his Grobag and he calmed down a bit, but it was only when we moved the duvet out of the room that he finally went to sleep.

He was a terrible sleeper until 16 months, but since then he's been excellent, and I don't want to rock the boat.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

YohoAhoy Fri 13-Nov-09 09:31:50

I wonder if it's the looseness of the duvet he doesn't like? Could you put a normal single duvet crossways over the bed and tuck it in so it doesn't move around so much?

mankymummymoo Fri 13-Nov-09 09:34:04

Try with a blanket inside the duvet cover first, it will lay flatter - he may be frightened of it fluffing up and thinking he'll be smothered. Then when he's used to that, you can swap the blanket for the duvet, keeping the same cover.

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Fri 13-Nov-09 10:02:55

Ooh, good suggestions, thankyou.

Was wondering too - it's a 4.0tog quilt (Mothercare) and he seems very warm under it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now