Talk

Advanced search

Touching

(14 Posts)
modsaluk Wed 11-Nov-09 15:45:22

I have today been into my ds (4) bedroom where he was as said he was tired and he was touching his willy, and had made it big.

I asked him what he was doing in bed and he told me tickling. I just said ok and left not knowing quite what to do.

When he come down i asked him why he did it and if anyone had told him to do it, he told me no one told him to do it and he does not know anyone else who does it, he said he just likes tickling it as it feels nice. I told him he can always talk to me and did not make a big deal out of it.

Did i do the right thing ?

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Wed 11-Nov-09 15:49:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

modsaluk Wed 11-Nov-09 15:57:28

No need to be like that i was just after a bit of advice not patronising !!!

Guess you know everything and have had first experiances of everything, well we are not all perfect like some !

mankymummymoo Wed 11-Nov-09 15:59:20

DS 4 does this although with somewhat more enthusiasm. hmm

When I hear, "mummy... mummy.... look!"... I know whats coming.

Usually DS, with pants round ankles playing with his willy saying look how Huuuuuuge it is mummy.

I just say, oh yes dear.

(although have explained its ok for him to touch his willy but not for anyone else to touch it or for him to touch anyone elses).

modsaluk Wed 11-Nov-09 16:02:41

thank you mankymummymoo, never experianced or seen him do it before.

Thought it was maybe bit young but from what i have read on here it is normal.

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Wed 11-Nov-09 16:10:47

modsaluk Wed 11-Nov-09 16:18:54

thought this was a site to come and get advice from other parents not for someone to be nasty no need for swearing. not sure i will come back for advice if this is the response.

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Wed 11-Nov-09 16:20:51

shonaspurtle Wed 11-Nov-09 16:21:12

Oh yes, ds does this - mainly in the bath. He's also discovered that he can retract his foreskin a bit which he's very impressed by.

Unfortunately I got caught on the hop a bit by it so when he said "Mummy look, what's that?" I said "that's your penis" so he thinks when it's big it's called a penis and when it's small it's called his willy...

Will leave the clarification for a while and delegate to dh I think.

shonaspurtle Wed 11-Nov-09 16:23:35

Oh he also wanted me to touch it so I said no, and that only he was allowed to touch his penis.

I don't think you made a big deal out of it btw. You were just surprised. It's my first experience with dealing with boy's stuff too - who knew??

modsaluk Wed 11-Nov-09 19:05:47

Thank you Shona, i did try not to make a big deal of it and let him know its ok and he can talk to me about anything.

GreenMonkies Wed 11-Nov-09 19:17:07

Both my DD's (6 & 3) fiddle with themselves. All children do it, as soon as they have the coordination to make their hands go where they want to they invariably find their tickley bits!! We just tell our girls not to do it when there are other people around ie; keep it to the privacy of their bedroom etc.

I think the best thing is to just ignore it, treat it like the natural thing that it is and guide him as to when it's appropriate or not as the case may be.

Bensmum76 Thu 12-Nov-09 18:42:59

I think you did the right thing making sure no one had told him to do it, I would have done the same thing :-)

cory Thu 12-Nov-09 19:09:34

Perfectly normal, doesn't need to be asked why he's doing it, any more than asking why he does anything else that feels nice. Mine started far younger than this (and not just ds, girls fiddle too).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now