Talk

Advanced search

Standing up for oneself?

(2 Posts)
flowerfairy Tue 10-Nov-09 20:35:25

Have 5yo ds who is in Y1. Today he has come home with a bump on his face after an incident at before school club. I'm probably reading too much into it, also DS gets rather agitated if you ask too many questions and it was probably an accident, but is there anything you can say/do to help your child stand up for themselves?

luciemule Wed 11-Nov-09 09:35:49

Did school not tell you what happened? If it was significant, it would have gone into the accident book...........if they saw it happen that is.
My dd (7) has been coming home since the start of september telling me about a boy who keeps hurting her -piching, jumping on top of, pushing over so she whacked her leg 3 sweeks ago and the lump is still there etc. I've been monitoring it and she's quite tough so tells the boys to leave her alone etc but he still keeps doing it. So I will be talking to her teacher at tomorrow night's parents evening but yesterday she told boy that I would be talking to the teacher and he apologised and said it wouldn't happen again. Perhaps in the first instance, you could tell your DS to stick up for himself verbally and threaten that you will go in and speak to him or his mum if it happens again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now