Talk

Advanced search

10 month old suddenly not sleeping at night but taking big naps during the day.

(4 Posts)
Bambinoloveseggbirds Tue 10-Nov-09 10:32:29

Been up half the night with DS who is teething. Finally settled after some calpol so I definitely think he was in pain - his cry sounded really distressed. He woke up earlier than usual too and has been napping for over 2 hours now - his morning nap is rarely longer than 30 mins. It was the same yesterday. I don't want him to start getting days and nights mixed up as I go back to work soon. Is this a common symptom of teething and should I just go with the flow.

Another thing if I may. I don't like giving calpol unless he sounds/looks like he needs it, but DH said we should give it before bed tonight. I'm so tired, I can't think straight.

Sorry if I sound like a plank, I'm a first time mum living in middle of nowhere with no support. Many thanks.

Bambinoloveseggbirds Tue 10-Nov-09 10:39:17

probably posted this in wrong bit. Sorry.

MrsMong Wed 11-Nov-09 12:00:42

I wish I knew! Hopefully someone else will come along with some ideas. How did you get on last night?

Others may disagree but I don't see the harm in a dose of calpol every now and then. If it helps him get back to sleep and kick-starts a more normal routine then brilliant - if it doesnt', you've lost nothing!

Bambinoloveseggbirds Wed 11-Nov-09 13:00:44

Thanks Mrs Mong! We gave him calpol last night and he slept through. He's kind of back onto normal naps. Poor thing is teething badly. I need to stop freaking out about every little change in his routine and stop overthinking things. My head hurts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now