Talk

Advanced search

Toys which have stayed in their boxes

(8 Posts)
hotcrossbunnyonabonfire Mon 09-Nov-09 09:55:33

Following on from sycamoretrees fab thread about toys that have kept on giving, I'd be interested in knowing which toys have bombed in your house? Sorry if it's been done before, I did search but came up with nothing.

In the hotcrosshouse the leappad is gathering dust along with the *dolls house*. The dolls and furniture are played with a lot but the house itself is rarely touched.

paddingtonbear1 Mon 09-Nov-09 10:00:08

dd has played with all of her toys to some degree, but the playmobil hospital has been untouched for months. I'm now selling it!

luciemule Mon 09-Nov-09 10:06:04

ELC wooden dolls house - well it was turned upside down by DS and used for brumming cars in and out of whilst dolls and furniture were piled up in a heap to bash into!

Wayyyyy to many soft toys but DD loves them but many gathering dust.

Little people - played with some but bought too much and so wasn't fully utilised.

Lovely nice wooden stuff - not played with for very long. Bead frame was played with though.

MrsJohnDeere Mon 09-Nov-09 10:16:30

xylophones (and we've been given 3)
sticklebricks
most soft toys
dressing up stuff

hotcrossbunnyonabonfire Mon 09-Nov-09 10:23:11

Oh yes, dressing up clothes. Dd will only wear the shoes and bags.

paddingtonbear1 Mon 09-Nov-09 10:43:29

oh, and I forgot the moonsand. dd does like it but it makes such a mess, it doesn't come out very often!

thedollshouse Mon 09-Nov-09 10:48:37

I agree with the moonsand, PITA to clear up afterwards. Leappad rarely came out when ds was a baby. Ds also had a Thomas Aquadraw which is pretty naff really and rarely comes out. Ds has always loved playing with his cars and car mat but the toy garage doesn't seem so popular.

hotcrossbunnyonabonfire Mon 09-Nov-09 11:02:28

Dd is desperate for Moonsand, but I've resisted up til now. Will keep on ignoring her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now