Talk

Advanced search

Parenting techniques

(5 Posts)
funkyfish Fri 17-Jun-05 20:09:37

I am trying to ascertain if there are any parents/childcarers who would be interested in a course on parenting techniques such as positive behaviour management.

If enough people in any one locality could group together (ideally 6 - 10) then I would be able to run a course for six weeks. (2hrs a week)

I have been involved with these courses in the North and am relocating to just outside London.

I am qualified with a Dip HE in Education and experienced in the field of childcare.

Please leave a message to express your interest.

Many thanks.

morningpaper Fri 17-Jun-05 20:11:03

My local NHS runs these (PCT).

Xena Fri 17-Jun-05 20:12:19

Sounds great. I'm always struggling with behaviour management as a childminder but particuarly with my own DS. Would it be 'informal' ie discussions and your input or 'front led'?

funkyfish Fri 17-Jun-05 20:27:30

I have experience using a course based around a book written by Micahel and Teri Quinn called from Pram to Primary.

It is very informal yet also quite structured so you get a lot covered. We ran these courses at the project I work for (just about to leave to move house) and my now Partner is just completing one now. The NSPCC also do similar in our area at least.

As I will be doing this freelance when I move, I will be charging a nominal fee to cover costs whereas the project I worked with ran them for free. If anyone would prefer a free course then it would be worth getting in touch with Barnardo's, Surestart, NSPCC or your PCT (Primary Care Trust) as morningpaper points out they run within his/her area. Homestart or your Health Visitor should be able to help. There is also a 5 to Teens cours eby the same people and others.

I am looking towards running something on a weekend day (as this tends to get more Dads involved too) in and around London, i.e. Berks, Herts, Essex, Kent, etc.

emily05 Fri 17-Jun-05 20:36:27

this is a great idea. I live in essex and this is the sort of thing I would be interested in. Good idea about the weekends, as I think dh would love to get involved in something like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now