Talk

Advanced search

new on here and need advice feeding a fussy 4 year old

(5 Posts)
rachselby25 Sun 08-Nov-09 18:01:23

i have a 4 year old (olivia), and she is a nightmare to feed. i've noticed lately that she is starting to look a bit skinny compare to her school friends and i need to get some weight on her. she wont eat vegetables or meat. she might have the odd pancake or a bit of mashed potato. im at my wits end. just wondering if any of you mums had ant useful or proven tricks up you sleeve?!

Othersideofthechannel Sun 08-Nov-09 18:03:44

Hello and welcome
There was a good thread on here started by Slubberdegullion. I'll try to find it.

Othersideofthechannel Sun 08-Nov-09 18:07:20

[http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/8/812985-Can-you-lot-help-me-with-a-new-strategy-for this one]]

Othersideofthechannel Sun 08-Nov-09 18:08:47

I'll try again
this one

Danthe4th Sun 08-Nov-09 20:01:51

What will she eat? I'm sure you know that a healthy diet for a child is higher in fats than an adult diet. Go with what she likes adding in new bits to try. If your worried she's not eating much try giving her some Minadex its a multi vitamin tonic that gets their appetite going, I used to give it to mine when they had been ill to boost them back up.
She may just not be that hungry, My 14 yearold dd has never eaten much, is very petite but very strong, I then have a 13 year old dd who has always had a huge appetite and is 3 stone heavier than her older sister, but not fat just a big girl.

Boost her up with some high calorie food, let her eat when she is hungry, if she wants her dinner as soon as she gets home have it ready, and then be ready with a snack before bed.She may not be having a growth spurt at the moment and her appetite may increase in a few weeks time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now