Talk

Advanced search

Grizzly 15 week old, what else can we try?

(17 Posts)
LeninGuido Sun 08-Nov-09 17:17:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LynetteScavo Sun 08-Nov-09 17:22:00

HOw long has thing been going on for/

Is he poorly?

Early teething?

LeninGuido Sun 08-Nov-09 17:28:28

LynetteScavo Sun 08-Nov-09 18:25:15

Is he feeding lots more than usual?

LeninGuido Sun 08-Nov-09 18:27:15

LynetteScavo Sun 08-Nov-09 18:35:34

You need some really good meals....including great big puddings cooked by someone else.

If you co-sleep, how does he get to sleep before you go to bed? Is he getting over tired?

LeninGuido Sun 08-Nov-09 18:37:47

LynetteScavo Sun 08-Nov-09 18:47:55

Maybe it's time to start trying to settle himso he can go to sleep by himself?

DS's hated being left to go to sleep on their own, but DD loved it - it seemed to be a relief for her to be put down in a quiet dark room buy herself. (But then whith 2 crazy brothers I'm not suprised)

ImSoNotTelling Sun 08-Nov-09 18:51:42

Are you doing the whole feeding in a quiet dark room thing, no distractions, not playing or cooing, just quiet and restful?

Sometimes works for us... mind you DD2 is currently upstairs screaming her head off hmm

LeninGuido Sun 08-Nov-09 18:59:19

LeninGuido Sun 08-Nov-09 19:47:35

ImSoNotTelling Sun 08-Nov-09 19:54:44

Nice work!

Mine is asleep now too smile

LeninGuido Sun 08-Nov-09 20:03:18

ImSoNotTelling Sun 08-Nov-09 20:53:32

Well it's a tricky one. I go against the guidelines completely - DH does shiftwork and DD1 slept like a dream. So much so that when he went back to work at 6 weeks DD1 went into her cot in her own room. I couldn't sleep at all with her in with us and she slept so well there didn't seem any point waking her with DH alarm at 4am. She settled in her cot easily and has always slept well.

DD2 went into her cot in her room at that age as well, as it had gone so well with DD1. We leave all teh doors open so can hear as soon as they snuffle (I think BF makes you sleep very lightly) and it all seems fine.

I know though that advice is to have them with you in the room until age 1.

I suppose my point is that IMO if there are no risk factors like smoking then the chance of something bad happening is so low that a compromise is something that can be weighed up. So for you to be downstairs with your OH for a couple of hours and probably poking your nose in every 15 mins and having a baby monitor might be worth considering, but only of course if you're completely comfortable with it.

(It's sardine/spam here by the way I love a good name change grin)

LeninGuido Sun 08-Nov-09 21:45:38

ImSoNotTelling Sun 08-Nov-09 22:02:07

The thing I never understood about the whole thing is that people take the advice that baby should be in room with you at night. But presumably the advice applies just as much for naps in the day - but people seem much more relaxed about that. Or maybe I misunderstand the advice, anything's possible.

Good luck with it all smile

LeninGuido Sun 08-Nov-09 22:07:54

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now