Talk

Advanced search

baby won't go in bath

(7 Posts)
NK23064cd6X12129da93c8 Sat 07-Nov-09 19:33:14

Hello, for the past week and a half now, our 5 month old son won't go in the bath, just screams the place down. Prior to that he loved being in it (in the big bath in a moulded bath seat) and would splash about having a great time. I'm not sure but the trigger point might have been going swimming 2 days in a row - he has swimming lessons and the second one was a catch up session. Does anybody have any ideas how we can undo this as he no longer fits in his baby bath?

whomovedmychocolatecookie Sat 07-Nov-09 19:38:01

Go in the bath with him. He'll be more relaxed and you can get him used to the idea again.

NK23064cd6X12129da93c8 Sat 07-Nov-09 19:56:50

Good idea, but we've tried that and he still screamed. At a complete loss as don't wanat to keep topping and tailing and he used to love it so much.

BikeRunSki Sat 07-Nov-09 20:06:03

My son did this when he was about a year old (he is 14 months now. First of all we spent some time each day just playing in the bathroom, for abiout 3 or 4 days. Then, the same kind of thing, at normal bath time with no clothes on. Then, the same kind of thing, with him just playing in the bath, but with no water. Then, I put water in the bath and got in with him. After a couple of goes with me in with him, he relaxed, and has been happy in the bath ever since (without me).

whomovedmychocolatecookie Sat 07-Nov-09 20:16:05

Do you always put him in at the same time. Could you do it say in the morning instead. He may just be totally knackered and just a teensy weeny bit ticked off you are stripping him naked when all he wants is milk and bed?

NK23064cd6X12129da93c8 Sat 07-Nov-09 21:21:32

Thanks, we'll give that a go with him; fingers crossed!

Lemitta123 Sun 08-Nov-09 20:23:04

Hey,

We had the same thing with our daughter...we started off putting her in the kitchen sink (we have a butler's sink) which gave her some more confidence. Then, she came into the bath with me (only a small amount of water, for just a minute or two and lots of new toys). Very gradually we increased the colume of water and the time, until she was happy to be in the bath by herself.

Alot of patience and reassurance worked wonders.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now