Talk

Advanced search

How to deal with a 6 year old punching my DS in the w*lly

(10 Posts)
SingleMum01 Fri 06-Nov-09 22:10:36

What would you do? My DS said his friend does it to him when they're standing in the line, sitting in line etc Punches him in the w*lly. Said it hurt his balls today. Don't think its a bully thing, just a bit rough. Got parents eve next week so thought I may mention it to the teacher to have a word with the boy? What do others think?

2shoes Fri 06-Nov-09 22:12:56

this happened to ds when he was at primary(was a younger sibling of another child doing it for fun ) I spoke to the mothe rin the end.
so speak to the teacher

SingleMum01 Fri 06-Nov-09 22:21:08

Thanks, hoping the teacher will have a quiet word with the boy. As I said I don't think its malicious just rough. Feel for my DS, he's told his friend not to (quite a few times now) but he keeps doing it.

LRB978 Fri 06-Nov-09 22:21:50

I was mortified when DS told me he had done this to one of his friends, at the same age. Turned out his (half) brother had told him it was what you did to your friends! hmm

Okay, I got it from ds, not his teacher but I was not happy and we had a long talk about it hurting, not being nice and something you never do. But please, speak to the teacher, it may be something as silly as this that can easily be changed, if his teacher/the other mother is made aware of it.

littleducks Fri 06-Nov-09 22:25:26

sorry but 'w*lly' <snurk>

have you seen any of the fri night threads?

they do let you type all the letters you know

SingleMum01 Fri 06-Nov-09 22:41:11

Sorry littleducks, maybe I just don't like saying it.

HerbWoman Fri 06-Nov-09 23:51:14

I'd probably ask to see the teacher on Monday, or at least give her a note in the morning on Monday so she is aware and can hopefully do something about it straight away, rather than wait for a parent's eve later in the week. I know teachers are busy, but when there was a problem with DS and some of his friends being hurt by some of the bigger boys at his school I spoke to the teacher before school on the following day, and she was horrified - she certainly didn't mind.

mussyhillmum Sat 07-Nov-09 11:23:39

There was a group of boys doing this to each other when DS was in Year 2. It was rough play rather than malicious wounding, but the teacher was on it like a shot. I would definately mention it to your teacher - I don't think she would think you were over-reacting.

inthesticks Sat 07-Nov-09 14:29:58

I think it can become a trend among groups of boys. The teacher will nip it in the bud ouch grin.
My DS has just started Y7 and there was a lot of kicking in the balls.Not malicious just rough play. I was about to approach the school because DS was black and blue when he came home and said that all the Y& boys had been taken into the hall by the head of year and told in no uncertain terms that this must stop and why. It stopped straight away.

inthesticks Sat 07-Nov-09 14:31:15

I mean Year 7 .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now