Talk

Advanced search

Hyper toddler....will he always be?

(5 Posts)
Clare123 Fri 06-Nov-09 19:38:17

Obviously not a toddler, but a hyper child?? What have your experience been.

I have just had an awful day with my toddler, he is so hyper and I often have not clue how to get through to him to calm down. He runs around and is very boisterous and can be very naughty. He ruins other children's games, throws things randomly, does not listen at all, runs around, charges people and shouts.

He can be calm and he concentrate - he loves me reading to him. But phewwwww - today has been so tough. Is this a stage or will he always be like this?

Does this sound really unusual behaviour? Should I be concerned?

hellsbelles Fri 06-Nov-09 21:20:42

Clare - how old is he? My DS was a very hyper toddler...though like yours he was able to sit still when being read to. I remember we used to have to go to the park at least twice a day or he'd go stir crazy.

But gradually he seems to have calmed down. He still has huge amounts of energy - but in a good way (most of the time) and is now a pleasure to be around. I reckon it started getting easier at around 4 years - sorry if that sounds like too long a wait grin

Clare123 Fri 06-Nov-09 21:32:04

He is 2.4 months. Gorgeous some of the time - so funny, but an absolute nightmare at other times (today!!).

It is good to hear that, even if it does seem a while away!

Clare123 Fri 06-Nov-09 21:32:32

2 years and 4 months ;-)

hellsbelles Fri 06-Nov-09 21:38:56

I think the fact that he will calm down to be read to (like my DS) is a good sign.

4 was when I really noticed the change...I'm sure he'd gradually started getting better from...hmmm perhaps it was exactly 2.4 grin

Honestly - if he is the same as my ds (and they do sound very similar) it will get better and better (though I would advise getting out of the house and outside as much as possible - saved my sanity) Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now