Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I refuse to buy dd2 any more nappies. Wish me luck and dry nights/days.

(11 Posts)
ShinyAndNew Tue 03-Nov-09 11:18:35

I have decided that she is just being lazy. I bought her some pull up pants not long ago. The ones with the dissapearing flowers (how is that meant to work anyway? The flowers only disspear after the laziness accident. She doesn't need flowers to tell her she has pee'd she knows when she has done it>

I told her to start using the toilet, asked her if she needed a wee. Yes she says. I asked her if she wanted to go to the toilet. No she says, wee, wee in my nappy angry

And she did.

She knows when she is going to do it. She knows how to use the toilet. She is using her nappies because she can.

She went to bed last night with no nappy and stayed dry. Went to the loo with dd1 this morning just fine.

MIL will not be happy. She is going there later on. But she needs to learn.

Seona1973 Tue 03-Nov-09 12:30:12

what age is she?

ShinyAndNew Tue 03-Nov-09 14:45:30

She is 2.5 and has been using the potty/toilet intermittantly since she was just over a year.

BlueberryPancake Tue 03-Nov-09 15:22:31

It looks like a very strange way to potty train a child in my opinion. You are actually blaming her and putting the entire responsibility on her for what? being head strong? confused? for using the potty sometimes and sometimes not? It just sounds to me to be a very negative attitude towards your child to say that she is lazy. Potty training is not obvious for many children. For some it's easy, and others keep on having accidents. But a positive attitude is essential to give them confidence in themselves. If she wees in her pants, will you tell her off? Blame it on her? on her laziness?

Good luck anyway

ShinyAndNew Tue 03-Nov-09 15:26:44

No I never tell her off and she gets plenty of praise for doing it the right way. If she does have an accident I simply say 'Oh dear dd2, did you forget to go to the toilet?'

I think she is confused that she has been able to go in her nappy but now she is expected to use the toilet even though she still has nappies on. And a lot of the time is too busy playing so going in her nappy is easier. Taking the nappy away, just takes away that option.

PyrotechnicToadstool Tue 03-Nov-09 15:28:47

2.5 shock give her a break? wait 6 mpnths?

shinybaubles Tue 03-Nov-09 15:37:01

sounds just like my ds when night training, his diapers were always wet - when I asked him why he peed in his diaper he said that's what diapers are for pee and poop - so that was the end of them and he was dry at night. And she's old enough - if you think she is ready - ds was potty trained by 2 and a half but I left night training a few more months until he was very confident.

MmeGuisingt Tue 03-Nov-09 15:45:42

2.5yo is still very young to be toilet trained, imo.

If she really knows when she needs to go then fine, but my DC were both still having accidents at that age.

EdgarAllenPoo Tue 03-Nov-09 19:39:47

people generally use to loo train @18mo - so i think regarding 2.5 as too young is pretty wrong.

i wouldn't on the other hand, expect 100% dryness, though i think the continued use of nappies has confused her and totally removing the option may help.

i am doing something similar with dd who is slightly younger, though different set of issues. she is not lazy, she just thinks poo goes in a nappy...

so far - not much fun!

she is desperate for a poo, but wants a nappy. i am being mean and saying no...

if you say it is just not being bothered, then you're her mum, i'l take your word for it...

good luck, i found the only way tp get totally dry was to wake her up and [plonk her on the po, this was v.v. tiring...

ShinyAndNew Thu 05-Nov-09 09:41:34

Well we are on day three and so far only 2 accidents. One of which was in her bed, and even I know that night time dryness takes a while. So all in all she is doing really well.

Pyro, I can't really wait 6 months as the nursery she has her name down for won't accept her unless she is in pants. She is due to start a few weeks after her third birthday <in about 6 months>. So waiting that long would only leave me with a couple of weeks to get her trained.

EdgarAllenPoo Thu 05-Nov-09 19:11:27

good to hear it shiny

wee done yu & your DD

mine is being v. stubborn still biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now