Talk

Advanced search

Toddler: is this normal behaviour.

(6 Posts)
Clare123 Sun 01-Nov-09 21:13:22

My 27 month old has a habit of shouting out things. Firstly it was roaring, and now he has moved on and has a little saying - "bom, bom!!". He just shouts it out.

I find it bizarre, my daughter never went through this and I have not seen any other child have this. Could it be a sign of something else?

Please help if you can.

MavisEnderby Sun 01-Nov-09 21:15:55

IME boys and girls VERY different,boys much more loud and boisterous even though sounds cliched.Are there any other developmental worries you have?

Clare123 Sun 01-Nov-09 21:18:56

Not really. Other than he is really boisterous and very active. Although he does play really well with his toys and loves books (so he can sit and concentrate of things). I have worried about hyperactivity, but I don't think he really is.

LynetteScavo Sun 01-Nov-09 21:21:03

I think it's a boy thing.

DS2 who is 6 was making some wild random whooping noise for ages while washing his hands today, and aparnetly DS1 shoults out random words in class. hmm blush

Both are "normal", apparently grin

MavisEnderby Sun 01-Nov-09 21:25:12

Yup,ds has spent the afternoon with an imaginary bow and arrow shooting random imaginary enemies yelling "Gotcha,you will not challenge the court of Uther" (He loves Merlin).He is REALLY LOUD.Talking to the mums of his male peers this seems a universal trait.

Clare123 Sun 01-Nov-09 21:54:04

Thank you so much. I don't know! I am always worrying about him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now