Talk

Advanced search

Tommee Tippee easiflow bottle to cup...quick question

(6 Posts)
juicychops Wed 15-Jun-05 22:12:36

Im probably being really thick but....

When you unscrew the lid there is a long plastic thing that goes up the pit where the drink comes out and when you put the lid back on the long thing blocks the hole so nothing can come out. Are you supposed to break this long thing off or am i just doing something wrong? I read the packaging but it said nothing

Kidstrack2 Thu 16-Jun-05 13:42:08

Not sure what cup it is? Is it the one where baby has to bite the spout for any liquid to come out? If it is the long bit you describe, it is normal and stops the cup from leaking.

Bigmerlin Thu 16-Jun-05 13:56:17

Hello
I had exactly the same problem. Yes, the long thing blocks the hole, but the baby has to bite it to get the liquid out! This is why when I tried drinking from it nothing was coming out, but dd could do it!!

BUT - after 3 weeks she learnt how to unscrew the whole teat and pour milk over herself, so I wasn't overly impressed and have had to change to Avent Magic cups....which she now won't drink her milk out of....Ho hum.

moosh Thu 16-Jun-05 19:09:30

I've cut the pointy thing out then they can drink from it. Didn't know it served a constructive purpose. Ds doesn't seem bothered that I cut it out but when I buy the teat refil I will leave it in and see waht happens. See I never read the instructions.

juicychops Thu 16-Jun-05 20:04:38

managed to work out that ds has to bite the top to get drink out of it just before i cut the pointy thing out!! Not quite sure if ds knows how to do it yet though

Mummyvicky Fri 12-Aug-05 13:11:33

Ive found you don't have to bite it, you have to use your tongue quite far down on it to control the flow. When I first switched to these from the anyway up cups which were causing tooth decay in DS1, I was convinced it was broken and was sucking it for ages ! I handed it to DS1 and asked him to try and straight away he got the juice ! He and DD much prefer these to the anyway up cups- but good advice about the unscrewing the spout...I'll make sure its tight !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now