Talk

Advanced search

Giving up dummy

(2 Posts)
Loolallama Sun 01-Nov-09 10:46:37

My baby is 13 months old and has a dummy in his cot to sleep, and sometimes in pram and car seat. I think it is time to get rid of it as he seems to be getting more and more attached to it. In the night he wakes up wanting it put back in.
Does anyone have any tips for getting rid of it?
Thanks

Colonelcupcake Sun 01-Nov-09 11:26:53

He will learn to put it back in himself, its up to you if you want to give it up, my two ds's are nearly 2 & 3 and still have their comforters, they want them and I have no real problem with it, (i have a few of each and they get chucked in the wash every few days)

If you want him to give it up you can either go cold turkey which may lead to a lot of tears but it will be over quite quickly. Or you could gradually decrease the amount of time he can have it i.e not during the day only at naps and nights then only at night etc

Don't be bullied or think you have to get rid of ot to be acceptable or anything similar only make him give it up if its what you want to happen after all he finds comfort in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now