Talk

Advanced search

Lying and Teasing in almost 6 yr old

(4 Posts)
CADS Fri 30-Oct-09 17:40:52

Dear everyone

I am at my wits end with ds (almost 6), he seems to lie and tease constantly.

We have explained that he will get into bigger trouble if he lies about things than if he tells the truth. Unfortunately, I can't always tell when he is lying but this week he has lied about things and has had friends to dispute his facts which he then own up to.

Also, he thinks it is incredibly funny to tease his little sister and her friends. I keep telling him it is not nice and he won't like to be on the receiving side and that other children won't want to be his friend if he continues.

Despite constantly talking to him about lying and teasing nothing stops, and I and dh are getting frustrated. It has got to the point that although we love him, don't like his behaviour and feel really sad and guilty about feeling this way.

I am hoping there will be some words of widsom coming our way.

Many thanks
CADS

CADS Fri 30-Oct-09 23:10:02

Please tell me we are not the only ones going through this.
Cads

EtherealFiByTheSea Fri 30-Oct-09 23:34:53

cads i've no advice (our 2dcs are 3yrs & 5months atm & have other hiccups) but i'm positive you won't be the only ones to go/have gone through stuff like this at some time or another... someone in the same boat will be along i'm sure. Hang in there x

slowreadingprogress Sat 31-Oct-09 00:14:40

you say you have constantly talked to him about it - what other consequences has he had for lying/teasing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now