Talk

Advanced search

2 year old saw halloween feature feat dracula on news

(6 Posts)
bumbly Fri 30-Oct-09 14:51:36

and started screaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god...will he be scarred for life

only kiddin but how do you cope with making halloween ok and nto scary for a 2 year old?

giveloveachance Fri 30-Oct-09 15:01:49

good question. not too sure of the answer though, i keep saying they are just silly monsters making silly faces. but she is not convinced and she is not keen on the masks etc you can't shop anywhere with halloween stuff all over the place - some of it really horrible - even in the newspaper the other day, big add with man dressed as zombie pulling friece face - she was looking over my shoulder and was not impressed when she saw it.

bumbly Fri 30-Oct-09 15:05:14

thanks for that!

glad am not alone in this one!

bumbly Sat 31-Oct-09 22:35:20

ran away form trick/treaters tonight

:O(

giveloveachance Mon 02-Nov-09 14:38:50

sorry not logged on till now. Luckily we were in well before dark and although we heard a lot of noise outside, we did not see any one. She was not at all impressed with the fireworks though, so not looking forward to the 5th!

I think it is a very reasonable response to run away from things that scare you, at 2 they are really too young to understand it people playing at dressing up, and its very reasonable to be scared of the types of costumes and masks - that's what they are designed to do!

How is he today?

bumbly Mon 02-Nov-09 18:32:46

so so but there was a two year old trick or treater dressed as skeleton who obviously was not phased by it all

how odd and how different kids can be!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now