Talk

Advanced search

19month old fights me when i need to change nappy

(4 Posts)
naomiface Thu 29-Oct-09 22:36:05

He has never really liked nappy changes, but can sometimes be persuaded/distracted into it with tickles, songs, talk, tv etc. recently we're in a phase of him really fighting & kicking his legs in protest. a lot! i could always win before but now he is so strong! almost impossible to get the nappy on him. time to potty train? he does love to be independant. it just seems a bit early? thanks.

pipWereRabbit Thu 29-Oct-09 23:03:26

Do you use disposables?
Have you tried pull-up nappies? Getting him to stand up and lift his feet to help you put the nappy on might make him feel more in control and grown-up - but without needing to go down the potty training route if you don't feel ready.
It worked with my (now) 17mo DS when he was fighting and he also now seems more relaxed about lying down when I'm using the more traditional style of nappy too.

naomiface Thu 29-Oct-09 23:21:46

of coarse! pull ups! fab!
i think i thought they only did pull ups in size 5. my son is in size 4 nappies... but he still needs to let me wipe him! doh!

pipWereRabbit Thu 29-Oct-09 23:25:01

My LO uses size 4 Pampers pull ups.
He didn't seem to mind the lying down while wiping, so long as he could jump up and put on his pull ups asap.
Good Luck smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now