Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nick-name for lady bits

(48 Posts)
RayeB Wed 28-Oct-09 12:45:30

Hi

My dd is 17 months old, she's just starting to copy things I say. I call her bum her tooshie or her bum, but I'm flumoxed what to call her lady bits as "real" words are too grown up. My mum used to refer to "tuppence" when I was little, but this makes me gag as I just remember cringing when she used to say it! Any ideas - it really needs to be something that's not daily words. Was thinking "twinkle" but worried twinkle twinkle little star would be ruined.

BunnyLebowski Wed 28-Oct-09 12:49:46

It's a minnie in our house but dd is only 1 so don't know if it will change.

Twinkle is <boke>

mankyscotslass Wed 28-Oct-09 12:51:07

Whatever you do don't teach her it's her "fairy" or her "flower". <retch>

We settled on either just saying her "bits" or giving them the proper name and saying "vulva".

With the boys they call them their bits, in generic terms, or if they are being specific say willy, penis, balls or testicles depending which of the boys is talking and how they are feeling!

shazbean Wed 28-Oct-09 12:51:52

In our house its 'flower' - don't ask me why, my mum used to call it that so it just stuck. Have also heard front-bottom, daisy and also twinkle as popular alternatives, take your pick - it's a minefield grin.

shazbean Wed 28-Oct-09 13:00:08

As has just been demonstrated...wink

mankyscotslass Wed 28-Oct-09 13:00:40

grin

mankyscotslass Wed 28-Oct-09 13:01:38

No offense meant, it just makes me shudder. blush

I don't think we even had a name for mine when I was a child, I'll have to ask mum!

CantThinkofFunnyName Wed 28-Oct-09 13:06:13

I never had a name other than my mum used to say "your privates". But my friend calls it a Molly and that's now stuck in our house. Trouble is, I giggle ridiculously when meeting a person called Molly!!!

iwascyteenagewerewolf Wed 28-Oct-09 13:06:48

You can't go wrong with fanny. Unless her name actually is Fanny, obviously.

shazbean Wed 28-Oct-09 13:09:16

None taken! I have just done a quick poll, as all the girls I work with have girls, front-bum and flower blush are the prevalent ones (in several languages). I have to say in our house we have a bizarre word for nipples - cocoteens - apparently it came from my gran but have never gotten to the bottom of it - maybe someone on this thread will be able to help?! When I googled it it wasn't very nice - can't imagine granny got it from there...hmm

LuluDanceOnMyGrave Wed 28-Oct-09 13:09:48

I call them ladybits, am I weird? DD insists on calling them her Vagina, even though she's old enough to know it's not technically correct.

On a side note, DS has nads, although again he takes great pleasure in calling them his Penis And Testicles, or peanuts for short.

mankyscotslass Wed 28-Oct-09 13:13:38

Lulu, eldesty Manky has started calling his testicles his nuggets. hmm

He is in Yr 3 and apparently the year 6 boys have told all the lads this?

Annya Wed 28-Oct-09 13:16:34

In France a willy AND a vulva/vagina is often called a zeezee. I like it, cute but not nauseatingly so like, sorry, flower etc. I don't know whether it gets a bit confusing later on tho...

LuluDanceOnMyGrave Wed 28-Oct-09 13:19:35

Manky, I love all the silly names they come out with, me and DH are in fits of giggles sometimes (as soon as they leave the room!) Boys seem to be the worst, so far we've had meaty veg, dangler, wobbly bits and hairy balls amongst others!

SecretNinjaChipmunk Wed 28-Oct-09 13:19:39

annya, sorry but here in uk zizzi is a restaurant......

mankyscotslass Wed 28-Oct-09 13:24:56

I've just asked DS why he calls them that, apprently it's because they are "pure gold". grin

Spuds seems to be prevelant at school too, but that's embarassing because it's what we call littlest manky!

TheDevilEatsBabies Wed 28-Oct-09 13:28:59

not fair that boy bits have so many useful names.

OH calls them daily duties, but i think it's from some old comedy show.

pranma Wed 28-Oct-09 15:18:47

gina here until she was old enogh for grownup words
my ds friend used to call his a winkle until we went on holiday in Nothumberland and he saw a stall selling........

pranma Wed 28-Oct-09 15:19:05

enough

schroeder Wed 28-Oct-09 15:26:57

Privates seems to work well for us but my Mum called (both boy's and girl's) wiggleys!

CMOTdibbler Wed 28-Oct-09 15:29:48

DS (and DH obv) have willies, and I have a vulva. Seems to work OK for DS (3)

mankyscotslass Wed 28-Oct-09 15:31:03

Just checked with my mum, apparently we never called them anything because we never asked or talked about it. hmm

According to mum we had no curiosity about our own or our parents bodies at all. Given how many questions I have answered since the eldest was able to talk, I am a bit hmm hmm

CantThinkofFunnyName Wed 28-Oct-09 15:54:09

Manky - tbh I can't ever recall it being mentioned in my house either and I think if it was, my mum would have poo-poohed any talk of such things with "that's private". But I have different relationships with my kids - we talk about all kinds of stuff, say we love each other all the time etc - this just didn't happen in my childhood - parents were much older, different era!

purepurple Wed 28-Oct-09 15:58:24

I have heard front-bottom, flower, toosh, fairy, flower, mary and twinkle.
I have never heard a child say vulva.
I normally say bits. blush

mankyscotslass Wed 28-Oct-09 16:03:27

CantThink, you are probably right.

According to my mother my brother never ever played pocket snooker, and his obsession with his provates started when he joined the army. hmm grin

She is horrified that my children all have a bit of a fiddle, although we do encourage them to explore in the privacy of their own rooms!
She can't get that it's natural curiosity.

TBH, thinking about it, I don't remember discussing anything at all about my body or anything with my mum. Hadn't really thought about it till now.

And like you I have a very different sort of relationship with my children, in terms of what we talk about. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now