Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS 14 months keeps banging his head on floor

(4 Posts)
Booklover Wed 15-Jun-05 10:25:00

I am a bit worried about that, because he started doing that after his MMR and does it several times a day, especially when he is tired or is throwing a tantrum. Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this and how do you react. Do you tell them not to do it, do you ignore it or do you think I should start to get worried that it's something to do with autism?

Miaou Wed 15-Jun-05 10:29:07

Not had personal experience Booklover, but have heard that many toddlers go through this phase - after all, it's a guaranteed attention-getter!

I watched a Baby Whisperer programme where they dealt with a little boy about the age of yours who did this. They had wooden floors everywhere too - ouch. They got a big floor cushion, and everytime he started headbanging they put him on the cushion, without giving him any other attention (so his tantrum wasn't attracting attention IYSWIM). After a few days they had broken this cycle of behaviour. HTH.

divasmum Wed 15-Jun-05 13:32:41

how can i make diva-14months sleap in her bed?????

Miaou Wed 15-Jun-05 14:04:11

divasmum - just a few questions first:

- is she in a "bed" bed, or in a cot?

- does she go down in her bed ok and then get up, or can you not get her to go down at all?

- does she nap in it during the daytime or do you only use it at night?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now