Talk

Advanced search

4month old HATES the dark in the car....any tips??

(6 Posts)
llynnnn Tue 27-Oct-09 21:23:14

dd2 is 4 months old and is fine and happy in the car during the day but every time she is in the car in the evening when it is dark she sobs

We don't have any lights in the back of our car to put on and I can't sit in the back with her as we have dd1's carseat which takes up most of the space!
Any tips to help her as the dark nights draw in? She sleeps really well in her cot at night in a pitch black bedroom but seems terrified in the car! Are there any car toys that have lights on them? I've had a look but can't see anything myself

TIA

MonsterousNasalPustule Tue 27-Oct-09 21:36:32

What about a white LED cycling light you could fit to your headrest or on her seat frame so she can see you all?

Maybe the whizzing lights make her feel dizzy / nausous?

llynnnn Wed 28-Oct-09 14:06:27

thanks monsterous, good idea
it ould be the whizzing lights as she
isnt afraid of the dark in her room?

NoNameNameyChangey Wed 28-Oct-09 14:10:44

Get a little reading light, you can get ones that clip to the seat belt or you could get one that clip to a book and have a little bendable arm. You could clip it to the seat or seat cover and angle it so it is not on her face. THey are also quite a bit less bright than an LED type so may be more restful for her?

llynnnn Wed 28-Oct-09 14:16:12

thanks noname, yes think that would work and wouldnt be bright for the driver then either

thanks again

not sure what happened to my last post, very strange!!

MonsterousNasalPustule Wed 28-Oct-09 15:34:43

Would say that she isn't a night traveller then, made a pair of sunnies would dim the lights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now