Talk

Advanced search

dd1 seems to be marking her territory - what is going on?

(13 Posts)
Enid Tue 14-Jun-05 22:02:11

omg! dh told me today that dd1 wee-ed on the floor - apparently this is the third time she has done it but he has always said he wouldn't tell me (she became hysterical when he said he would last time). Apparently she was quite calm and just sat down and did it after her bath.

Has she gone totally mad? I am supposed to 'talk to her' tomorrow morning and I have no idea what to say as I find it so odd.

She is 5.5 btw.

mandyc66 Tue 14-Jun-05 22:19:05

Why is she worried about dh telling you. does she want attention from him? What was the situation and how long has it been going on.
At 5.5 she is old enough to talk to,but if Daddy promised not to tell can you break the confidence?

Enid Tue 14-Jun-05 22:27:34

no he has said he will tell me now

apparently she has done it twice before and he got very cross and threatened to tell me but has not

mandyc66 Tue 14-Jun-05 22:29:49

is there anything that has changed in her life?

marthamoo Tue 14-Jun-05 22:32:10

Is there something bothering her? My friend's dd started doing this when a new baby arrived (she was a little younger than your dd). Or a urine infection? Grasping at straws here - it does sound odd.

I would just be matter-of-fact when you talk to her - stress that you are not cross, you just want to know why she is doing it so you can help her. Keep us posted - I want to know what happens now!

mandyc66 Tue 14-Jun-05 22:37:58

I second that marthamoo

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 08:37:43

had a chat this am

she says she is very worried at school because her little receoption class has been closed for building work. It means she has to use the 'big' loos and sometimes she has to walk through a classroom to get there and its very quiet and the flush makes a very loud noise and she thinks the teacher might be cross. Also it has no lock and lots of 'big' children saw her friend Tilly on the loo.

also we are having buliding work at home too and the loo she used to use has been removed...so she has to use the loo in my bathroom (quite a long way away from the main living area) anyway I asked her not to do it again on the floor and that I would take her to the loo at home more often.

katierocket Wed 15-Jun-05 08:41:57

ah, poor love. Least you now know what caused it.

Jimjams Wed 15-Jun-05 09:30:21

she must have been taking lessons from ds1! although I think his weeing everywhere may just coincide with being taught to use a urinal at school. Obviously that isn't the case for your dd

mandyc66 Wed 15-Jun-05 09:38:00

well that sounds ok. I used to hate people know I was gong to the loo!!!
Even in my teens,if I was babysitting I wouldnt go to the loo after 9.30 just incase the parents came back and knew where I had been!!!!

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 09:43:25

jimjams

you never know these days, equal opps and all that

bigdonna Wed 15-Jun-05 11:09:22

my dd kept having accidents at school,she said she was frightened of toilets because there was a monster in there and when you spoke there was an echo.so she would go so quickly she wee,d everywhere.This was put right by she was given a toilet buddy and everytime she needed to go her friend went too.

mandyc66 Wed 15-Jun-05 11:11:18

thats a good idea. Maybe you could talk to the teacher and suggest that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now