Talk

Advanced search

Head Banging 15 month old - cot bumpers?

(7 Posts)
WidgetWB Mon 26-Oct-09 22:06:34

My third DS is a serious head banger. Not during the day, but at night and during rest times its terrible. Consequently his head is COVERED in bruises and I am desperate to find a solution to his sore head. I know I can't fix the head banging, but surely I can stop his head hitting the edges of his cotbed?

However, when I look around on the net, I can't find cot bumpers to suit cot beds, all the way around and ones that tie on somehow to the solid ends of his cotbed. Does anyone have any wonderful ideas? Please help me????

Thanks so much.

kcartyparty Mon 26-Oct-09 23:09:49

A couple of ideas.

You could screw hooks on the head board and tie onto the hooks. If the ribbon does not reach cut it off and sew it on in the new place by the hook.

Alternatively you could ask a friend to make a bumper for you.

Not sure were you live, but here in London we have a lady who will make just about anything for any one.

Pop onto my profile and call me if you want more details!

BrandNewIggi Mon 26-Oct-09 23:10:18

Do the bumpers come the whole way up the cot? I could picture your DS using it as a sort of step to get a leg up (and out) of the cot if they are sort of half-way up. Do you think he would be better or worse in a toddler bed? You could make something blue peter style from a thick duvet, perhaps? Poor soul, and poor Widget too!

WidgetWB Tue 27-Oct-09 14:40:15

Super tips - thank you. Anyone else got further bright ideas?

busybutterfly Wed 28-Oct-09 23:06:48

My DS1 did this for a time and our HV said to ignore it as it was an attention seeking ploy. This is going to sound harsh (soooo not meant to btw) but couldn't you ignore it? I mean, if you make it more comfortable for him he'll have no reason to stop?

PS Mentioned to MIL that DS1 did it and she said "Oh yes, DH did that as a child too!" hmm

<off to kill DH with crap genes>

saintmaybe Thu 29-Oct-09 07:42:10

Apparently it can often be because small children have headaches, and they're tring to get relief. Used to work with a cranial osteopath, who saw lots of kids like this. Worth making an appointment with one?

Nicadooby Sun 01-Nov-09 19:16:06

My DS (17 months) has also been doing this lately when he is cross or upset, but having just read the last post maybe he did have a headache as he had a cold too. Now i feel bad sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now