Talk

Advanced search

Annoying habit- 2.3 yr roaring...driving me crazy!

(3 Posts)
Clare123 Mon 26-Oct-09 21:02:24

My toddler roars really loudly a lot - esp at meal times or when he gets excited. Not sure why the hell he does it but it's driving me mad. I have tried ignoring it, but it's still going on. Anyone else have tips on how to stop it or why he does it?!

lilacpink Mon 26-Oct-09 21:09:39

Probably just a 'phase', as with most things grin. Distraction may help, e.g. be preparared to point and say loudly "oh look" over the top of his head, then talk normally about something you may have seen behind him, e.g. a fly. Perhaps interupting the habit regularly may help him forget about it. My DD (3.5 yr) goes through stages of repeatedly singing the same line of a song, she's old enough now that I can usually just start a conversation to stop it, but I have to admit sometimes (e.g. when trying to pull out onto a busy road) I do resort to a quick shout, which I know is wrong, but I have to admit to being human!

Nikna Mon 26-Oct-09 21:26:42

LOL MY 2.5 YR old does the same thing. It is a very irritating roar at that. He is not as bad as he was, so can reassure that it is just a phase. I have found the best way to get him to stop is to ignore and distract.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now