Talk

Advanced search

5 year old,shouting and being impossible..help!

(5 Posts)
secretme2 Sat 24-Oct-09 19:56:37

Hi there,

My dd has suddenly started telling me she's angry and is being an absolute nightare...

I tried the starchart for a few days,time out doesnt work,dvd's being taken away just make her angrier and I have now resorted to threatening to send her to Hogwarts school for children that dont listen!

I need a holiday!

shockers Sat 24-Oct-09 20:10:16

Can she tell you what she's angry about?

secretme2 Sat 24-Oct-09 23:25:15

She doesnt want to go to school anymore because she misses me, and its just so hard as she has to go! Also she has fluffy dog that she's attached to, and has been asked to please leave it at home otherwise all the kids will want to take theirs in too.

This has really got to her,bless her, and she dreads school now. I have even tried downsizing her dog so that it fits in her bookbag!! She is one of the youngest at school,just turned 5 and in year 1!!

iliketurquoise Sat 24-Oct-09 23:31:06

did you try rewarding?

slowreadingprogress Sun 25-Oct-09 00:32:32

I think send the fluffy dog in with her and sod the school. So what if a class of five year olds want comfort toys with them? Of course they do. And they should be allowed them. They're 5 fgs! In Ds class all kids were allowed one toy in with them each day. Even in year 2 when my ds had a wobble he was allowed to sit on the mat with his 'bouncy rabbit'!

I would tell the teachers that your dd is having a really hard time and needs this comfort for now. A good teacher will surely be able to see that it's better for kids to have one toy with them and be happy, than for them to 'dread school' sad

I'm all for finding strategies to deal with naughty kids but tbh wanting a cuddly toy when you've just gone up to year one as one of the very youngest, only just 5, is not unreasonable!

This might help some of her anger to dissipate anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now