Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Leaving 13 month old for 2 nights for first time.... it won't scar her for life will it?! [hmm]

(13 Posts)
nigelslaterfan Sat 24-Oct-09 19:13:56

In laws are taking ds (8) and dd (1) for two nights over half term so dh and I can have some time on our own and trip away. I mostly can't wait but am suddenly feeling neurotic about it - also because dd is being very clingy at the moment and aware of when I'm away. I look after her full time so she's used to being with me, dh or inlaws who she loves.

She'll be fine won't she? She adores inlaws and big bro, I've just never left her for so long and I feel irrational about it as if it's cruel in some way! I know it isn't, I just wish I'd left it for next year to leave her.

nigelslaterfan Sat 24-Oct-09 19:18:39

Any reassurance gratefully read!

duckyfuzz Sat 24-Oct-09 19:30:13

yes she'll be fine, we left our twins for the first time aat a similar age and I'm happy to say it was the start of a fabulous arrangement! enjoy the break

InSync Sat 24-Oct-09 19:31:07

No she'll be fine

cory Sat 24-Oct-09 19:32:20

<goes and peers closely at dcs for signs of emotional scarring>

no, she'll be fine grin

ABitHaloweenBatty Sat 24-Oct-09 19:33:19

I left my ds3 at about that age and thought he would have been clinging to the stiar gate crying my name on my return. He didn't even turn his head when I came home shock it was if he hadn't even noticed I'd been gone!

frakula Sat 24-Oct-09 19:34:19

They're her grandparents so it's not like they're strangers, she's got her big brother there and you'll feel better for having the time away. It'll be fine [hmsile]

frakula Sat 24-Oct-09 19:35:07

Or even smile

nigelslaterfan Sat 24-Oct-09 19:36:51

thanks, thanks, thanks I appreiate it!

nigelslaterfan Sat 24-Oct-09 19:43:30

or appreciate it even!
LOL cory

wideratthehips Sat 24-Oct-09 19:50:40

when we did this with ds1 he looked at us on our arrival back as though we had just popped to the toilet

Sugarkane Sun 25-Oct-09 20:32:36

When I went into labour with DS I left my DD 17 months for the first time ever, my stay in hospital was longer than expected on my return I will say that for a couple of nights she was a little worried I was going to go again, as in she wanted more cuddles etc, but that soon went away and I cant wait for GP to have her again soon. grin

TheMysticMasseuse Sun 25-Oct-09 20:36:06

i see she's your second... she'll be totally fine and so will you! now, if it had been your PFB... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now