Talk

Advanced search

ds (4) is starting football tomorrow... what do kids wear when playing football?

(11 Posts)
juicychops Sat 24-Oct-09 19:10:55

shall i put shorts on him or jogging bottoms? or joggers over the top of shorts so he can take them off when he gets there?
and shall i put his football top on him or just a t shirt?

i want him to wear similar stuff to the other kids

he's got footie boots as its too slipery for trainers

foxinsocks Sat 24-Oct-09 19:13:37

what age group is he with?

most of them normally wear a footie kit

check whether he needs shin pads (normally if they are wearing studs, they will probably make them wear them but might not if with only 4 year olds and not older kids and only doing skills)

so normally, football kit (shorts and shirt) with long socks

LynetteScavo Sat 24-Oct-09 19:15:02

In door or out door?

If out door I would put joggers on the bottom, and sweatshiret on the top. Most kids will be wearing thier cherished Man U (or similar) kit underneeth, but don't worry about that. It's been quite warm today, but if it's cold, hat and gloves. He can always take them off when he gets hot.

juicychops Sat 24-Oct-09 19:18:08

cool thanks guys. he has shin pads already so il take them with me and il put his west ham kit on him with some long footie socks

im so excited! so is he. his first footie practice

its reception and year 1 ages so around 4-6

foxinsocks Sat 24-Oct-09 19:19:15

aaah enjoy it juicy! it's lovely when they first start playing sport.

juicychops Sat 24-Oct-09 19:29:57

thanks foxinsocks. im aware im getting myself into a potentially very expensive hobby here!! with endless boots, kits, tracksuits etc

ah, thats a plus side of only having one child i suppose smile

BlueKangerooWonders Sun 25-Oct-09 05:54:52

definitely shin pads! Shorts and football shirt is enough.

and make sure he takes bottle of water with sports cap (they're v strict around here about that!)

GrumpyYoungFogey Fri 30-Oct-09 21:35:54

Four-year olds go to formal football sessions.

Good grief.

In my day footie didn't start until the second-year juniors, i.e. age at least 8.

Can't small children just be left to play?

BlueberryPancake Sun 01-Nov-09 12:39:40

Football sessions for kids - girls and boys - that age are just good fun, they just play 'running around' games with a ball, there's no pressure at all in it. It shows them how to listen even if there are lots of distractions, which is excellent thing for little ones.

Mine has been going for months without a foodball kit, just normal trainers and normal shorts/joggers. He was in shorts yesterday in the rain and he loved getting all muddy. He had mud in his ears!

fishie Sun 01-Nov-09 12:47:41

the youngest children's class here is formal football training, i think it is 4-6 too.

older ones have been out in that rain all day. i am v glad ds hasn't shown an interest in football.

Burgerking123 Sun 13-Aug-17 15:18:33

WHat do u wear under football shorts underwear or nothing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now