Talk

Advanced search

Ear splitting shrieking when out. How do you deal with it?

(4 Posts)
EyeballsintheSky Fri 23-Oct-09 23:05:13

DD is 21 months and has found her scream IYSWIM. She loves nothing more than to shriek at the top of her voice when we're out and about and it really is glass-breakingly high. I have tried ignoring it but I can actually see people putting their hands over their ears and I get the 'do something about your brat' looks from other people. Today I frequently told her to stop it, but of course, she saw it was winding me up so the shrieking got louder and was accompanied by a smug grin on her part so that did no good either.

Generally I don't get too embarrassed by her antics as toddlers will be toddlers and as long as she's not being a brat I take the path of least resistance and nothing lasts too long but this is different and driving me nuts.

Please say your dc have done this!

Cadelaide Fri 23-Oct-09 23:09:18

The only thing I can tell you that might make you feel better is that ime it's a very short phase, two of mine did it.

carocaro Fri 23-Oct-09 23:13:45

Yes hopefully a short phase, my DS2 did this around the same age, scaring old ladies in coffee shops, people in the supermarket etc

He's now just over 2.5 and a few weeks ago we were in a Costa, next to a table of little one's in hight chairs all doing this scream and my DS2 turnedround and told them to shush with his fingers on is lips!

I did laugh!

EyeballsintheSky Fri 23-Oct-09 23:16:25

LOL @ shushing them

She was still doing it today when I was driving out of the car park and I swear I was dreading seeing a police car because they would definitely have stopped me and questioned me about abducting her. How do you prove a child is yours?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now