'Mummy stand there'
'Mummy dont eat your dinner until i finish mine'
'Dont get in the shower'
'Dont get out the shower'
'Dont go past me on the stairs'
'Dont get dressed'
'Dont go on your maputer(computer)'
'Dont drink your cup of tea'

and at 1am this morning, he woke up to find me in bed, asleep...

'Mummy don't be in bed'
'get up and go downstairs'
'get out of the room'
'i dont want you to be asleep waaaaahhhh'

and if i don't do what he says, there is major meltdown, he screamed for over an hour at 1 am

is this normal behaviour, or is my ds a natural born control freak?

Pinkjenny Thu 22-Oct-09 09:41:35

My 2.5yo is like this as well. Fun, isn't it? hmm

She was sobbing the other day because I put my hair up to wash my face. Strange child. Toddlers are really quite odd little creatures.

VinegarBloodyTits Thu 22-Oct-09 09:47:52

Yes mine ds has a thing about me putting my hair up too

'Mummy take your bobble out'

this behaviour has only started happening in the last few weeks though, before that he was a nice chilled out child

I am thinking maybe he has been possessed by the spirit of Josef stalin hmm grin

Pinkjenny Thu 22-Oct-09 09:50:23

Aah, you see, I would never describe dd as chilled out. The control freak side of her character is really quite extreme, though. I think she gets it from her father wink

notyummy Thu 22-Oct-09 09:51:10

I'm sure I have read somewhere that this is normal and something to do with the gradual development of understanding around be separate individuals and their worries surrounding it. We had a bit of it with dd. Tried not to get angry (although never had the middle of the night thing - that would have tried my patience!) and mainly ignored it and carried on with what I was going to do anyway. Still get a touch of it at 3.3, but we can now turn it into a game/giggle and she doesn't seem to mind.

VinegarBloodyTits Thu 22-Oct-09 10:07:17

Lucky, i am quite chilled out myself in RL (honestly i am grin)

So ignoring him is quite easy for me, but i feel sorry for my neighbours and my dear freind who stayed over last night and was subjected to his screaming

My ds1 was quite shocked when he first witnessed one of his meltdowns too, he had a huge tamtrum the other day because he didnt want me to get in the shower, i just carried on and ignored him, but ds1 was is a panic about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now