Talk

Advanced search

Not rolling over yet Normal???

(15 Posts)
angie0201 Mon 13-Jun-05 21:04:30

Hi dd is 24 weeks and of yet has not rolled over now everyone is talking about it is it normal at this age for her to just be happy kicking about

charleepeters Mon 13-Jun-05 21:07:12

my ds is 9 months and rolled over for the first ime yesterday - i have learnt from mumsnet not to worry about things like that when there little babies and not to compare as she will do it when shes ready.

zebraZ Mon 13-Jun-05 21:09:03

DS1 who walked at 9 months was only just rolling at 24 weeks....

DS2 didn't roll over until after he learnt to crawl, that was 8 months (crawling) so around 8.5 months (rolling). I know a few babies who didn't roll until more like 10 months. DS2 walked at 11 months.

hotmama1 Mon 13-Jun-05 21:10:36

Angie - I wouldn't worry. My dd is 8 months and there is a huge range of what can be done in my antenatal group. One was crawling at less than 6 months and one still isn't rolling, some had teeth at 3 months and some (my dd ) haven't. I think when they are this little there is a huge range - just don't compare against competitive mums!

angie0201 Mon 13-Jun-05 21:14:24

thanks for that it's hard in the baby group i go to they all are v competitive i dont want to wish my DD life away for the sake of a few people frowning at me when i tell them she is just so content on her back she has no need to roll over!

zebraZ Mon 13-Jun-05 21:22:50

They grow up so fast. Sit there in the smug knowledge that you are the only one enjoying your baby being a baby, it will be ancient history soon enough.

ghosty Mon 13-Jun-05 21:26:10

Angie, I feel for you having a competitive coffee group .... why are people like this?
FWIW ... my son didn't roll over until he was just under 10 months and then crawled a week later and walked at 14 months. He was happy to sit up and look around him and play with his toys or lie on his back. I tried to do tummy time with him but he hated it. He is now 5 and a half and is a very active boy, very sporty and into football etc ... he won 'Player of the Day' last week in his soccer team (proud mummy alert!)
DD was similar ... except she bumshuffled at 10 months, realised she could roll over at 12 months, worked out how to crawl at 13 months and then at 14 and a half months she walked.
My HV did all the "If she isn't rolling by 6 months we need to investigate" but as DS was a late roller I wasn't worried.
TBH it is nicer to have a late mover as you get more time .... when all my friends were running around like nutters chasing around after their crawlers and toddlers I could sit and have a cup of tea and watch DD knowing she wasn't going anywhere!

Orinoco Mon 13-Jun-05 21:45:54

Message withdrawn

SofiaAmes Mon 13-Jun-05 21:46:03

Don't worry. My dd was crawling for many months before she started rolling over. HV tried to make a thing of it and gp laughed her head off when she heard. Your dd will do what she's ready to do when she's ready to do it.

mum2max Wed 15-Jun-05 13:36:50

I no longer go to my baby group on my day off work as all they do is sit around chatting over a cup of coffee comparing babies instead of enjoying the gorgeous lo they have. I got REALLY bored of hearing, "what? Max hasn't any teeth yet (7mth) oooh, that's late" B**OCKS. I read on mn of a baby that didn't get them til well after a year old. ALso ds has been rolling over for about a month, yet can't sit for more than about 10 sec before doing a hand plant into the carpet!
no teeth on bottom, but top ones are visible under gums.
I also have stopped going to baby clinic all the time to see hv. all she says is negative, oh he should be doing this or that. blah blah. He's a happy bouncing baby as I'm sure your dd is!!!! leave them to get on with it at their own pace I say even if it seems like they're doing stuff in the wrong order. we can't all be brilliant at everything...

angie0201 Wed 15-Jun-05 21:16:29

Hi everyone and thanks again i feel the same about the HV VERY neg, if things aren't going according to the book they worry you, whats the point!!! and as for the baby group well i really don't understand why people have to be competive.
GHOSTY you must be v proud of you son, i cant wait till DD comes home saying look mummy i passed my spelling test!!

mandyc66 Wed 15-Jun-05 21:20:40

If there is no physical reason like clicky hip then dont worry, they all get there eventually! how many school childfen never rolled crawled walked? just focus on what they can do

angie0201 Wed 15-Jun-05 21:27:25

thank you, i think because its my first i suppose you do worry more will prob be more relaxed with the second!

Miaou Wed 15-Jun-05 21:32:04

Hi angie, dd1 didn't roll over until she was over a year old! She never crawled or bum-shuffled either, and didn't walk until she was 14 months. Dd2 was even later - 15 months before she walked. I never worried though because their language development was very advanced at an early age, so I just assumed they were more interested in talking than walking (some things never change!)

angie0201 Wed 15-Jun-05 21:39:59

Well if she takes after me talking will be her favorite past time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now