Talk

Advanced search

Toys for 15 months plus

(11 Posts)
vicdubya Mon 13-Jun-05 20:53:22

Has anyone got any good ideas for toys for 15 months+? DS is not playing much with any of his toys atm, he will do shape sorting & jigsaws when sat down with, otherwise he is not bothered.

I'm thinking of looking out for some second hand bits & bobs that would be next stage (18 months+, say). He is starting to get into vehicles so thought a garage, but want some other ideas too!

TIA

lunavix Mon 13-Jun-05 20:53:58

ds (14 months) loves the elc happyland stuff...

Fimbo Mon 13-Jun-05 20:57:37

My ds (18mths) is into cars in a big way. Have just bought him a big wooden garage from Ebay for £12 (inc p & p), which is currently £40 in ELC. My dd was very much into trains, so he plays a lot with her old Brio set. Tesco are great for cheap cars and train bits and bobs.

mum2oliver Mon 13-Jun-05 21:04:52

my ds loves his pram and dolly. He also plays with any kitchen thats at most of the groups we go.He is also just becoming a bit more intereseted in the little people farm.He is 15 months too.

LIZS Mon 13-Jun-05 21:06:06

Fisher Price Little People characters, vehicles and play sets or a basic train set (ds loved his My First Thomas trains and station set, which was easy for him to fit together although he played with the engines and vehicles off the track to begin with). You could just buy some chunky vehicles (such as Lego Duplo size) and a car mat with roads etc marked on and see how it goes, then add to it as he shows more interest. Both mine have loved Lego Duplo bricks too and make intricate houses for their various character toys , even at 3 and 7 ! Otherwise if you have room a sit-on and ride car, perhaps with a lift up seat to hide things in, would be popular and lasts ages.

vicdubya Mon 13-Jun-05 21:16:23

Ooh yes lots of ideas thanks, keep em coming!

jamese Tue 14-Jun-05 12:30:46

My DD loves drawing (washable pens). Also loves running around after any type of ball. The best toy (most used) is the little tikes plastic rocking horse. She also loves books. Hope this helps

lukesmama Wed 15-Jun-05 12:06:57

My DS 18 months loves the Fisher Price garage and any sort of cars,maxi block building bricks,aquadraw and washable pens.For outside he loves his ride on toy and sandpit.

janlostinbabyland Wed 15-Jun-05 13:09:40

I love mumsnet - this was just the question I wanted to ask - am going toy shopping today. My ds gets bored so quickly - all he wants to do is go outside (I'm in N. Ireland so sadly it rains alot). Am going to buy a pram as have read these are v. popular

moosh Wed 15-Jun-05 13:20:11

Tea set too am buying one tommorow he is 15 months too and have all the things listed below, but he just chews the aquadraw pen, eats the plastasine and throws all jigsaw pieces. He loves however ds1's toy cars and other bits (ds1 is 5 yrs) he loves a ball too and his trucks, but I am going to try a tea set as he is always wanting to take our cuos when we have finished with them. So I figure that ds1 had it and enjpyed it but I gave that one away years ago so will get another.

Marina Wed 15-Jun-05 13:31:23

You can get a folding toy buggy for £4.99 from either Argos or ELC and to me that has to be the bargain of the century. Dd, nearly 2, plays with hers all the time.
Also adores plastic food (Woolies do sackfuls in the Chad Valley range) and plastic pots and pans etc.
Recently she has also played loads with some Russian nesting dolls she was given for her Christmas at 18 months.
We will be getting her some of the Fisher Price stuff for her birthday as we bought some for another child and she was very interested...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: