Talk

Advanced search

ds (22mth) bit another child at nursery today....

(5 Posts)
CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 19-Oct-09 21:40:59

my dad picked him up and they said he bit quite hard

i am shock and sad

a child bit my dd when she was at nursery and i was horrified.I never imagined my child would ever do this.

He likes his own way and has tantrums but i ignore it and he comes around

I have two nieces (8 and 10) and wil dd (6) he does get a bit bombarded at times and does stick up for himself. I caught him hitting one of the girls at the weekend and I told him it was naughty amd he put his head down so he does know

but biting aggghhhhh

Littlefish Mon 19-Oct-09 21:54:18

It's a phase. It's a phase. It's a phase.

Many childen go through the phase, and almost all of them grow out of it. There are very few 30 yr olds biting each other at the bus-stop (except on a wild Friday night, and through choice!)

There is a good book called "Teeth are not for biting" which you could read with your ds.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 19-Oct-09 21:56:14

I will look it uo now

Thanks x

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 19-Oct-09 22:01:33

Bought it!

Bensmum76 Tue 20-Oct-09 06:36:28

My DS is almost two. He was bitten on the hand by another child at nursery last week, as was his friend, he was also bitten about six months ago when he was in the baby unit at nursery. He has also bitten in the past. I think its another way of them trying to get what they want but once it is made clear to them that it is wrong the phase will pass. My DS is now in the scream if anyone touches my toys phase - lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now