Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

any finger suckers?

(5 Posts)
TracyK Mon 13-Jun-05 10:44:39

my ds has ALWAYs got his middle and index fingers in his mouth. every since he was about 2 mo - he's now 15mo. It is quite sweet - but lately I caught him with his thumb in at the same time! he's going to end up with a mouth shaped like a fish!
any tips to stop him? I try and keeps his hands occupied to stop him.

charleepeters Mon 13-Jun-05 10:47:45

Yep ds sucks his whole fist, he never had a dummy or a binky as a comforter so he does this instead, sorry no tips on how to stop it thought, i know a 20 yr old who stll sucks his fingers!

Gwenick Mon 13-Jun-05 10:50:24

DS2 did that from very young - he's now 18 months and has 'reduced' the amount he sucks on his own - generally just when he's going to sleep - or if he's hurt himself.

kcemum Mon 13-Jun-05 11:11:45

Yup, DD3 sucks middle and ring fingers together and has got callouses from it but unable to stop her as it's just confined to tired times or in bed.

When she was wee she would also stick her index finger up her nose at the same time but thankfully she doesn't do that anymore.

MamaMaiasaura Mon 13-Jun-05 11:27:11

Am 30 next month and have calluses on left little and forefinger because i tend to pop them in when not even thinking about it - absolutely hate it and want to stop. Tried all sorts.
However my mouth isnt shaped like a fish and never needed braces etc..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now