Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's dc move around on their back??

(8 Posts)
jmontan27 Sun 18-Oct-09 21:19:52

Ds3 is 11 months old, won't sit up, doesn't crawl, but moves around quite successfully by pushing with his legs and moving wherever he wants on his back. This morning I left him on the rug for a couple of minutes and when I came back to check on him, he'd got onto his changing mat and managed to position a baby gym over himself. Just wondered if anyone else's baby moved about like this?

ihearthuckabees Mon 19-Oct-09 11:21:51

Mine did this, although he did also sit up and by 11 months had changed to crawling, so not sure if this is helpful. It sounds a little early to worry about it, but you could always check with your HV. iirc, a friend of mine's DS didn't bother to move at all til he was about 14 months - he's very active now, just laid back (excuse the pun) when he was little.

jocie Mon 19-Oct-09 14:17:32

my friends ds does this(7 months) can sit up but doesn't like to, screams blue murder if laid down on his front! Its hilarious to watch, he can get around preety well though and quite easily negotiates corners!

jmontan27 Tue 20-Oct-09 20:44:13

Don't think there's anything wrong with him; he will sit, but not for long periods and hates being put on his stomach - flips over immediately if I try and encourage a different position...

BertieBotts Tue 20-Oct-09 21:20:28

A few of the babies in my NCT group did this before they crawled.

Scottie22 Tue 20-Oct-09 21:47:32

My dd did this - was the only way she could get around until about 11 months when she started bum shuffling (a bit!). Like a backwards crab I seem to remember - most odd smile

jmontan27 Tue 20-Oct-09 21:50:44

That's interesting. Both my elder 2 were bum shufflers too, but neither of them moved ^at all^ until after they were a year old. ironically, ds3 has been most mobile of my babies.

BertieBotts Tue 20-Oct-09 21:51:34

Yes Scottie - a bit like a crab, that's how we described it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now