Talk

Advanced search

Takiing down cot sides - ideal timing?

(5 Posts)
Beccles Sun 12-Jun-05 21:30:05

Message withdrawn

bron42 Sun 12-Jun-05 22:29:22

DD was nearly 3 going into her cot bed. She was great from day one.Think there might be a difference moving into one of these compared to a full size bed - if that's what you have for your DD.
DS moved from cot to cot bed on his 2nd birthday in January. DH was paranoid is was too early. We had a couple of roll over and bump on floor without any cries first night and he has slept through the night ever since. Before that he was still waking at times throughout the night. Not sure whether this was linked to the cot but he seems a lot happier in the bed.
Haven't started the potty training yet - he has a wee every morning on it after he gets up but that's it. He's not interested for the rest of the day and asks for his nappy. Am planning to do the same this summer and do it in the hols when I am also off (teacher too!)
Good luck and hope both go painlessly for you and her.

janeybops Sun 12-Jun-05 23:01:28

dd was about 2.4 years when I changed cot into bed. a couple of falls on the first night or two but fine after that.
I seem to remember that the constant coming down the stairs when she should be going to sleep was more of a problem. solved it by closing door if she did it more than twice. I have 1930's doors with high handles she can't reach!

bigdonna Mon 13-Jun-05 21:30:51

hi beccles,i would personally get her in the big girls bed first,because when you potty train quite often they wont wee in nappy in morning so you would have to get up to put her on pot.if she is in her own bed she can go to pot on her own.my dd went into a cot bed at 18mths and my ds at 11mths as hated the cot.Both of my kids hated their cots!I think i would give her a month or so in her bed before you potty train.Hope this makes sense.

Beccles Wed 15-Jun-05 19:56:42

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: