Talk

Advanced search

How often do you see your Health Visitor?

(12 Posts)
skinsl Thu 15-Oct-09 19:07:21

Health visitors seem to be mentioned a lot.
Do you have regular visits, or go to a clinic?
I saw mine once for DS's 8 month check. That is it.

choufleur Thu 15-Oct-09 19:19:08

Last saw Ds's health visitor for MMR at about 14 months (he's now 3 1/2) before that probably saw health visitor at around 6 months. I didn't like her though

theslightlypeckishcaterpillar Thu 15-Oct-09 19:25:05

As seldom as possible.
Saw dd1's HV quite regularly as was paranoid 1st time mum.
DD2 is now 12 months and haven't seen HV since she was 3 months when she came round to tell me off for not answering my phone (I had already told her it was switched off and to use our mobiles).

Don't particularly want to see her either, since the terrible weaning/sleeping/feeding advice she gave.

skinsl Thu 15-Oct-09 19:26:30

I think all health authorities might be different. We just get a letter for vaccinations and the nurse does them at the GP's.
I came out crying after his 8month check, the woman made me feel so useless. I was going to complain, but never got round to it!

skinsl Thu 15-Oct-09 19:29:44

I wouldn't even know how to get hold of them.
Mine didn't know what weetabix was!

pippel Thu 15-Oct-09 19:32:52

as little as possible, so if Im already at the drs for her jabs or a development check I might pop in and get her weighed.

one hv told me car seats go on age not weight (did argue that one) and that I should be feeding dd1 more chocolate because she wasn't on the 50th percentile for weight. Shes only on the 2nd for height so she would be huge if she was on the 50th, I just smiled and nodded through that bit, tis easiest. Luckily she left soon after that.

lovechoc Thu 15-Oct-09 19:37:54

HV? what HV??

I could be beating my child black and blue and no one would even know. DH thinks it's a disgrace that HVs have no interest unless your child is on the At Risk register. What about all the other children out there???

Seona1973 Thu 15-Oct-09 19:38:13

ds hasnt seen the hv since his 8 week check as they dont do 8 months or 2 year checks here any more (he is now 3). His jabs are done at an immunisation clinic so it is not the hv's that are there for them.

facebookaddict Thu 15-Oct-09 19:48:18

Totally agree with lovechoc.

Also can't get over the fact that feel totally let down by mine who gave me no support when I was v depressed about DS's(undiagnosed) silent reflux 2 years ago. "all babies cry" - I still get mad thinking about it.

wheredidiputit Thu 15-Oct-09 19:52:33

Only if i go to the clinic.

When she came to fill in his 'red' book she told me that they didn't need to bother with me as he was my 3rd.

Despite the fact that i had had mild PND with the last two and a bad delivery and when she came to see us when ds was nearly 3 wks and i still was in a lot of pain and not able to get about withour help.

facebookaddict Thu 15-Oct-09 19:58:41

For DS1 I was discharged day of delivery and had to call up 4 days later when no one had been to see me. They came once!

skinsl Thu 15-Oct-09 20:35:18

Thought maybe I was missing out on something.... it seems not!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now