Talk

Advanced search

Sorry if TMI - nappy issues with 21 mo

(8 Posts)
KorrallKrabba Thu 15-Oct-09 13:57:31

I thought there used to be a joint nappies/potty training topic group, but can't find it....anyway

DD's number 2's are often fairly horrible and not particularly solid - there's no obvious pattern to this either. She has a balanced diet at home, I'm not very impressed by what she gets at nursery - not enough vegetables for my liking.

However, I'm no nutritional genius, so
is there anything food-wise that really helps to boost 'solidity' or things to avoid, is this a problem that I should get checked out or is it all perfectly normal for this age??

She's otherwise very fit and healthy with no obvious problems.

Littlemissmischief Thu 15-Oct-09 16:27:02

Hey KorrallKrabba - I have no personal experience im afraid but if you wanted to post on the potty training topic it is the 'being a parent' bit and click on 'more' it then gives a drop down list and its in there.

I hope someone else comes along who can help smile x

KorrallKrabba Thu 15-Oct-09 18:09:41

thanks

whichwitchisthis Thu 15-Oct-09 18:22:57

I don't know but want to bookmark this cos dd (4) is often a litte loose in the poo area

My mum always says that egg is very binding grin

Scorps Thu 15-Oct-09 18:32:27

Google toddler diarrhoea, it's quite common.

KorrallKrabba Thu 15-Oct-09 18:47:17

Thanks - that's really helpful.

I'm very wary of googling health stuff, but for once
a very sensible link

Makes me feel a bit faint about the potty training phase, but I may have to do battle with nursery on the woeful fibre-content of their menus.

Scorps Thu 15-Oct-09 18:53:13

Sorry I didn't say more earlier, ds2 had this and I took juice, grapes, oranges etc out of his diet and it started to get better, and was gone by 3. Odd

peasandbeans Thu 15-Oct-09 19:12:32

all three of my dcs seem to have this issue. Since potty training the two older ones its much better for me; the children don't seem remotely concerned by it. DC3 (13 months) has at least 3, if not 5 or 6, dirty nappies a day.

My mother says it is very healthy, and much better than them being constipated, but I must admit that it gets a bit wearing having to change so many dirty nappies.

It does seem to be normal for them though. DD1 is nearly 5, and very healthy and strong; the children are rarely ill. But they all poo runny poos at least 3 times a day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now